New tactical squads

ZONKEY

I wouldn't get my hopes up for new weapon types, but you never know, they could Errata them in. Unless they actually depicted the DA Tact squad with a Grav weapon in it, which might indicate there are actually plans to it the weapons in. I haven't seen any DA images from GW with a Grav weapon in it though.

The new Tacticals must have been well on the way to completion when C:DA was being written. There would have been nothing to stop them including the option in advance if they planned to let Dark Angels use grav weapons. Would be far from the first time a book was released with options you couldn't buy yet.

They're in the Dark Angel section because Dark Angels need Tactical Marines and the old box is discontinued. That's all. The Codexes are completely separate now. The idea of "bringing things in line" only applied when the same weapon had one statline in one book and a different one in another, like the assault cannon. I bet you a crate of bolt shells they never release an errata to add options from a new Codex to older ones.

In the HQ section of GW site DA have the new Captain even if it has a tipical ultra/codex look and he holds a combi-grav

In the Elite section the Sternguard is not even if the old finecast box was there and in the new WD there is a photo of a sternguard team Painted in DA colors (but without any grav weapons)...

So i think it's impossible to guess if there will be an errata to include the new grav weapons in DA armoury...

I would like better an errata/FAQ that fixes our codex bad things and then after i can accept grav weapons too... I dont need grav weapons if the LSV, flyers, DW sgts, BoC, PFG are still screwed...

Grav guns' competition is with plasma guns. Shot for shot, grav is better versus high T, good armor save models like the Riptide or Wraithlord/knight, while plas is better against everything else. But also consider that the grav gun can have up to 3 shots, but at a maximum of 18", while plas can shoot farther but with only 1 shot and the danger of gets hot.

All told, it feels like grav guns have a slight edge, but we'll see as they start seeing real use.

Archived