Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 4: Duels and Diorama's

Grotsmasha

=][= Challenge Rules Updated =][=

Here's the Challenge I've really been wanting to do, Duels and Dioramas.

For those who haven't seen my previous Challenges, here's a link the recently (about to be...) finished Captains, through which you can get to Chaplains and Librarians

RULES

COMPLETIONS

Officially Duels and Dioramas doesn't kick off until October 1st, but as this ones a little bigger and requires a little more planning and forethought, I'm giving everyone a bit of a heads-up to get there bits organised/ordered. There will be an official sign-up thread with the usual rules write up, but here's the basics

First off, for the first time for my Challenges, we'll be going to a multi-forum set-up due to the B&C's MOD teams decision relating to Xenos in these Duel/Dioramas. The second forum will be The International Brotherhood of Hobbyists forum, which will allow Xenos entries,

1- 60mm base minimum, you can go bigger, but not smaller.

2-A: B&C: Minimum two models, all models MUST be from B&C approved armies.

2-B: IBoH: Minimum two models, one of which MUST be from B&C approved armies.

3- No unit type restrictions, Apothecaries, Techmarines, Champions, Captains, Standard Bearers, whatever you want.

4- All the standard Finecast/Metal etc rules will still apply for the minimum 2 'Focus' models of the duel/diorama.

5- There's two options for the bases;

---> Scratch built base, no additional requirements.

---> Purchased base, if you choose to buy a sculpted base, your Duel/Diorama will need to be accompanied with a small fluff piece centred on the Duel/Diorama.

6- Longer time frame, this sucker is going to run until December 31st.

There will be sign-up and completion threads on both sites, linked to each other.

Cheers,

Jono

you know what happened to the last person who said that....

they ended up being a corpse on my dioramas standard!!!

watch yourself boy I may be young but im a youngblood, hot headed quick to anger and never back down...

this challenge just got personal

yes.gif

Just to be clear, it has to be a duel? The diaroma option doesn't allow you to exclude having a bad guy? (Ie just two good guys working in tandem)

Technically, the Duel becomes a Diorama if one of the...participants happens to be dead. ;)  So, a Hero/s (or villain) standing over a vanquished foe is an acceptable entry.

Hmm... this sounds interesting. I take it that Guardsmen aren't out of the question?

Yep, Guard are A-ok, as are Sisters and AdMech :tu:

Cheers,

Jono

Hmm... this sounds interesting. I take it that Guardsmen aren't out of the question?

Yep, Guard are A-ok, as are Sisters and AdMech thumbsup.gif

Cheers,

Jono

I can't have someone in power armor vanquishing xenos scum? O_o

It does say that atleast one contender in the duel must be B&C acceptable. So, for example, Space Marine vs an Ork Warboss would be acceptable.

It does say that at least one contender in the duel must be B&C acceptable. So, for example, Space Marine vs an Ork Warboss would be acceptable.

I'd like to hear something official from a mod on that. I don't want to get my thread struck down for showing xenos in-progress pics.

A couple of questions.

Firstly, my entry into the Captain's competition is based on an idea I had for a diorama and although he hasn't worked out as i've planned (yet), adding a diorama around him and having 2 months to work on him would probably be enough to get what I want finished. However, he's already an entry into the Captain's conversion contest. If I do significant changes (I want a different set of legs, a re-sculpt of his robes to turn them into greek toga style robes, no cloak or maybe a different cloak, different head, changing the left shoulder pad and beating the crap out of every inch of his armour) would I be able to use him as part of the diorama? Basically i'd keep the pose, the power fist arm (it's integral to the story of this diorama), the plasma blaster (again, integral to the story) and probably the iron halo style thing on the top of his armour.

Secondly, there's no limit on the number of villains, right? Does there have to be a central "villain", or can it just be one Marine vs a nameless horde of beasties?

Archived