Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 4: Duels and Diorama's

Grotsmasha

A couple of questions.

Firstly, my entry into the Captain's competition is based on an idea I had for a diorama and although he hasn't worked out as i've planned (yet), adding a diorama around him and having 2 months to work on him would probably be enough to get what I want finished. However, he's already an entry into the Captain's conversion contest. If I do significant changes (I want a different set of legs, a re-sculpt of his robes to turn them into greek toga style robes, no cloak or maybe a different cloak, different head, changing the left shoulder pad and beating the crap out of every inch of his armour) would I be able to use him as part of the diorama? Basically i'd keep the pose, the power fist arm (it's integral to the story of this diorama), the plasma blaster (again, integral to the story) and probably the iron halo style thing on the top of his armour.

Secondly, there's no limit on the number of villains, right? Does there have to be a central "villain", or can it just be one Marine vs a nameless horde of beasties?

Recycling a previous entry is fine, as is multiple Heros and/or Villains.

60mm is going to be a bit tight for two models? Especially if they are terminators..

The good news is 60mm is only the minimum. Should it be too small for your duel/diorama, using a larger base is fine, depending on how big you need a spare CD is a viable option.

Cheers,

Jono

A couple of questions.

Firstly, my entry into the Captain's competition is based on an idea I had for a diorama and although he hasn't worked out as i've planned (yet), adding a diorama around him and having 2 months to work on him would probably be enough to get what I want finished. However, he's already an entry into the Captain's conversion contest. If I do significant changes (I want a different set of legs, a re-sculpt of his robes to turn them into greek toga style robes, no cloak or maybe a different cloak, different head, changing the left shoulder pad and beating the crap out of every inch of his armour) would I be able to use him as part of the diorama? Basically i'd keep the pose, the power fist arm (it's integral to the story of this diorama), the plasma blaster (again, integral to the story) and probably the iron halo style thing on the top of his armour.

Secondly, there's no limit on the number of villains, right? Does there have to be a central "villain", or can it just be one Marine vs a nameless horde of beasties?

Recycling a previous entry is fine, as is multiple Heros and/or Villains.

:D It's so on. This is gonna be epic.

That is a releif tongue.png One thing I was wondering, could the models be on regular sized bases that fit within a larger diorama base?

Yep, I intend on doing this myself. As long as the final 5 pics display the diorama as a whole, it will be a valid entry.

Cheers,

Jono

Alright, it's been discussed and at this time, we're going to put the limit in place that all entry material must be B&C appropriate. There's still a wealth of material that can be used this way, so no need to start down the Xenos inclusion path.

Sorry to throw in the monkey wrench, but you guys have always been fantastically creative, so I don't think this will hamper you too much!

Look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

Alright, it's been discussed and at this time, we're going to put the limit in place that all entry material must be B&C appropriate. There's still a wealth of material that can be used this way, so no need to start down the Xenos inclusion path.

Sorry to throw in the monkey wrench, but you guys have always been fantastically creative, so I don't think this will hamper you too much!

Look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

jawdrop.gif jawdrop.gif jawdrop.gif jawdrop.gif

Honestly, I'm gobsmacked. I was anticipating that Xenos WIP pics would be disallowed, but to have them excluded from the finished piece?? The Hero's of the Imperium need to resort to beating themselves......

I'm especially confused due to there being precedent for Xenos used in dioramas/display pieces here on the B&C.

Right now, all motivation for the Challenge has vanished from me, others too. There has to be a way, surely????

Noooo!!!!!

I wanted to have my Librarian, Castis, taking vengeance in his new terminator plate against a certain Ork Weirdboy from his past.

Still, I think the idea of this challenge can be, even with the heavy restrictions, will be a fun ride for everyone who joins up.

Would it be a bad idea if we've... begun a little early? I'd completely understand if stuff being made now is not allowed once the Oct. 1st start time runs up, but I just had to get this idea down in models before I forget!

Now... how wonder how I'm going to make an accurate microphone Guard-issue experimental sonic weapon...

Cheer up brothers! Sure, xenos scum may not be allowed for now, but do not let that dishearten you from making an epic diorama! Though the enemies of Man are many and varied, we are strong! 

Alright, motivational speech over... never was good with that kind of stuff. Gentlemen, I leave you with this;

I dare you to beat Guard in this competition. 

well I for one am going to the HH for this one. as my Deathwatch idea was blown. oh well only one diorama thencry.gif

Hey that might not be a bad idea. Might have to join you on that. If it has to be Astartes vs Astartes then I might as well do something from the biggest war of them all.

Archived