Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 4: Duels and Diorama's

Grotsmasha

While I whole-heartedly disagree with the Moderation Teams position on the Xenos for this Challenge, I can see from where their decision has come from. To that end, do not despair. I've decided on a work-around for those of us who really wish to stick with Xenos in their diorama.

I will be running this Challenge simultaneously on The International Brotherhood of Hobbyist forum (linky in my sig). For you to be able to post there, you'll need to sign-up and have a Photobucket/Flicker etc account as Xenos pics cannot be hosted on the B&C. Once the official thread is opened, the IBoH thread will be linked in.

Cheers,

Jono

This is a completely contrived and pointless decision. Xenos have been posted numerous times on our forums in the form of corpses on bases and contenders in dioramas, and not a word was said about them. The finished product still has something B&C appropriate. I can understand saying that maybe the focus should be directed to the B&C appropriate model but completely denying it?

This is a completely contrived and pointless decision. Xenos have been posted numerous times on our forums in the form of corpses on bases and contenders in dioramas, and not a word was said about them. The finished product still has something B&C appropriate. I can understand saying that maybe the focus should be directed to the B&C appropriate model but completely denying it?

Trust me when I say I've been fighting this via P.M.s, citing precedence and requesting an exemption for the Completion thread for finished dioramas, but ALL levels of the MOD team were involved in the decision and it's here to stay for now. As I said before, via the IBoH forum anyone dead-set on Xenos entries will be able to do so.

Cheers,

Jono

If that's the case then the Mods should also be defining which grey areas are black and which are white across the board regarding dead, pieces of dead, will be dead, and dying xenos on the many bases that can be found here. Sounds kind of picky-and-choosy to me.

I have to agree. Then there's all the countless battle report photos showing of xenos armies...

True!!!! That didn't even occur to me. Now the decision seems even more ridiculous than I previously thought.

Gaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Jono

If I put Marine helmets on my Genestealers, will they be allowed?

I kid tongue.png.

Seriously though, I don't agree with the decision but I do understand it.

Will the conversion challenge here and on IBH be the same challenge, or will the be separated out into two different contests?

It will be the one Challenge, the IBoH thread will exist purely for Xenos WIPs and Completions. Sign-up will still be through the B&C Signup thread.

Cheers,

Jono

Grotsmasha, I have a question.

If we, say, start the dioramas early, should we hold off on taking pictures of them until this starts in October, or could we say... start posting? I ask this since one full month is an awful long time to hold off on sharing our dioramas if we've started them after this was announced!

If you wish to use the Banners and Pips for the Challenge, then you should hold off on posting Completed pics of the diorama, wip teaser pics here in this thread however may bring back a little motivation and enthusiasm for the Challenge.

Cheers,

Jono

Ooo! A  motivational pic? Think I might just have an idea then...

How's this? (note: this is just a part of the diorama I've got in mind.)

Diorama 002

Diorama 001

C'mon guys! You can surely beat Guard, can't you? I mean, seriously, we Guardsmen can't rock out by ourselves!

Archived