How are Emperor's Children doing these days?

northoceanbeach

I had a nice Emperor's Children back in the day.  I'm getting back into the game, and am thinking of my different army options.  I haven't played in 6th, but I have started reading about how the new rules affect the different units, and some new tactics.

I have been hearing good things about Noise Marines.  How would an all EC, or Slaanesh marked army be?  I have always been a fan of many troops in rhinos, with a balanced and themed mix of my favourite elites, fast and heavy, namely, raptors, havocs and chosen.

Maybe throw in a few vehicles to help the rhinos from getting killed, a helldrake seems pretty mandatory.  Can a pure EC army with a solid core of Noise marines work well?

Well the mark of Big S. Gives your marines a +1 I. So your most likely to strike first in close combat. Plus you dont have to make your marines noise marines.  So you can have lower cost squads with 2 close combat weapons and a bolter.  Not bad all in all. EC's can be a well rounded chaos army with a lot of firepower and still be good enough in close combat to really make your opponent think twice before charging.

I'd say they are doing best of all the CSM right now, maybe except for the Nurgle CSM+Daemons.

I'm using full gunline:

- 5 units of 10 Noise Marines.

- 2 Blastmasters in each unit.

- 7 Sonic Blasters in each unit.

- Icon of Excess.

- naked champion as a spare wound in the front (to die first).

- optional meltabomb for Champion, if you're facing dreads or something like that.

- Lord with TDA and Skalathrax hidden in one of the units, main purpose of the lord - not to get killed giving Slay the Warlord to my opponent.

- someone is standing in front, protecting from assault armies and granting cover to Noise Marines, probably a unit of 35 zombies spread in a long-long line.

This kind of tactics proved quite effective against most opponents, of course I haven't faced new Tau and Eldar yet, and having some troubles against TDA armies if opponent rolls very good saves (massacred 20 Dark Angels in 2 turns, but cannot shoot 7 Wolf Guards). And of course claiming objectives in the opponent deployment zone is another problem, solved with allies or cheap terminators.

Another option that I see - MSU, 5 man each, naked, only Champion gets Doom Siren, probably in Rhinos. Doom Sirens are really good at killing things.

Baledrakes are must, at least 2, more is better.

Thanks. I like that. Sounds like a good tactic. If I play I would probably more often go the MSU route.

I stopped chaos like alot of people when that one poor codex came out, but I sure had a good army before that. It just took my entire army an made it unworkable.

Archived