An Unkindness of Ravens

Aves

Hi everyone,

Got some Ravens to share with you...

Interested in having some feedback on how to base them... I want to have the Istvaan style base so I'm guessing a dark base would be a good start?

Anyway here are some models in various stages of completion... (top one being closest to completion)

Untitled by SultanGrayus, on Flickr

Looking good so far. I find black quite tough re. highlighting, etc. but I like subtle. Your damage / wear looks great.

Deffo go for some rubble / stone on teh bases if you want istvaan look - I'd suggest grey though to give some contrast to your black figures.

Look forward to seeing more!

Looking good so far. I find black quite tough re. highlighting, etc. but I like subtle. Your damage / wear looks great.

Deffo go for some rubble / stone on teh bases if you want istvaan look - I'd suggest grey though to give some contrast to your black figures.

Look forward to seeing more!

thanks mate, i have some rubble type stuff in one of my bits boxes and plenty of sprues - both fw and gw to cut up and use. 

ive actually found it fairly easy to paint black, which was a nice surprise as i approached it with more than a pinch of trepidation.

Your weathering slips up a bit here and there, becoming either too uniform in shape or too generously put into a small area: the pauldron of the Champion for instance.  But that's a real tricky thing to avoid in my own recent dive into sponging, so I can sympathize.  Overall, it's looking very good so far.

Awesome! Always cool to see a fellow Raven slugging away in the WIP section. And with paint -- and new concept to me! pinch.gif

I'm really digging the weathering. The first picture, those MK IV knee pads are perfectly weathered. As you gain more and more experience with that sponge, these guys are going to get better and better.

Archived