+ Invaders Chapter +

Radiation

Here is the start of a Calgar counts as. I figure this will be a good way to get my army to a playable point level. I still have to do a bit of greenstuff and cleanup. He should be fun to paint. No backstory for him yet other then he will be the Invaders commander.

gallery_65363_7458_28604.jpg

In the new 'Dex, the Invaders have a specific blurb, paint scheme and chapter icon, with no mention of being destroyed down to the levels you have spoken of in this thread (there is only a mention of 12 out of three battle companies surviving, but it doesn't say that those were the only battle companies of the Invaders at the time). It was the Astral Knights that were destroyed completely against the Necrons, and to honor that sacrifice, the Invaders always has a Marine as part of the multi-chapter garrison at Safehold, the Astral Knights' memorial.

Also, while it wouldn't keep you from using him on the tabletop, the Invaders are specifically IF Successors, so you couldn't use a counts-as Calgar and the IF Chapter Tactics, you'd have to use the Ultramarines Chapter Tactics.

Your paint scheme looks very nice though, I'd definitely stick with it. The kitbash Calgar looks very cool, but I would suggest possibly blunting the teeth on the skull molded on the greave, with the pointed teeth, it looks rather Chaos oriented.

Nice kit bash like where this is going.thumbsup.gif

Thanks!

Bryan: I haven't read the new codex, but there are other sources showing the Invaders destruction in 913.M41. Unless the new codex directly contradicts this, I don't see there being an issue. It would make sense that the Invaders always keep a marine at a memorial to a dead chapter. I imagine it is one of the dozen. They woke up one day not knowing how their chapter had been destroyed. It seems fitting that they would guard a monument in honor of such a sacrifice.

As to the rules regarding Chapter Tactics, I don't play it that strict. I'm also not too concerned with them actually being IF successors, as they were created by an unknown agent within the Inquisition or Administratum after the original chapters destruction. Their geneseed may be different. The marines in the chapter don't really know.

Glad you like the scheme. I will work on the skulls teeth. Thanks for pointing that out.

Three tactical squads primed and mold lines in the cleanup process. I'm looking forward to finishing up maybe tomorrow and then putting them together this week. Hopefully I can get some paint on them by the weekend. I still have a lot to clean; helmets, backpacks, shoulder-guards, bolters. The good news is, the new tac kit has virtually no mold lines. Stay tuned!

med_gallery_65363_7458_1191285.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

mikhail: Thanks! The Commander was fun to put together. The sword is the one that came with Calgar.

I finished the greenstuff on the Commander and put him on a cork base (can't see it) so he has some height to him without using the Ultra base. Probably not going to paint him for a bit, but you never know. First I want to finish the Tac Squad. They have all been painted and washed and had a mid-tone applied. You can't see it in the photo, but they all have been kitted out with grenades, knives and those little pouches. I've done bits of detail work, mainly to the helmets. The combat squad leader has a white stripe on his helmet. The Sergeant will have a fully white helmet when I get to painting him. I changed out his gear from the last photo. I just can't see the point of using powerfists in a Tac squad anymore with the new codex, so I gave him a combi-plasma and meltabombs. Now its on to paint the details and get them all based.

gallery_65363_7458_143809.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Tac squad is almost done. I am finishing up on the detail work and still need to base them. Slow painter syndrome. I wanted to roundup the HQ section of the army with a counts as Tigurius. This was a fun conversion and it happened to work out rather well. One of the cables is off by the slightest bit, but its nothing to worry about. I used a metal libby body and an older libby helmet with some plastic bits for the arm and Tigurius' old force weapon. I might paint one of the HQ models up next before starting on Tac squad two, not sure yet as I still have to finish the first.

Chief Librarian WIP

gallery_65363_7458_25787.jpg

Archived