FW DA Chapter Upgrade Bundle

Cod

Not sure if anyone noticed but FW have put up a DA Chapter Upgrade Bundle, including brass etch, shoulder pads, rhino/LR doors, transfers etc.

They also have other chapters, if you're into that sort of thing wink.png

I have used the brass etch before myself and can recommend them.

thumbsup.gif

Cod

Wish they'd release DA stuff for the Mk II-IV legio armours instead.

As for the cost of the thing:

The bundle is £58.

The bunch done individually is £64.

Meaning it'll save you £6.

Downside: it doesn't include the resin DA Icon Pack (which is £10).

just had a look and seemed pretty good, however i wouldnt use most of the stuff so wont be getting it. i would find shoulder pads (both chapter and squad markings) for power armour more useful though.

at the very least its nice that they are starting to do more things for us now even if it is only individual packs put together

Probably won't happen until the last 30k supplement, unfortunately. If they keep with the theme of 4 chapters at a time, I imagine Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Ultramarines and White Scars will be the last book as they didn't see any Heresy-era war until after the Emperor had fallen.

Which is a crying shame. I want me a Lion primarch figure already. >:[

Probably won't happen until the last 30k supplement, unfortunately. If they keep with the theme of 4 chapters at a time, I imagine Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Ultramarines and White Scars will be the last book as they didn't see any Heresy-era war until after the Emperor had fallen.

I think they will be in the penultimate book, the final book should of course be the Seige of Terra which principally involves Imperial Fists, Blood Angels and White Scars. Also there's 18 legions which doesn't divide into four, so either they will do five per book twice or five books instead of four.

This is how I would do it:

Book 1: Betrayal (Isstvaan III). Sons of Horus, Death Guard, Emperor's Children, World Eaters.

Book 2: Massacre (Isstvaan V), Iron Hands, Salamanders, Night Lords, Word Bearers. (I'd have probably put Raven Guard in here but there you go).

Book 3: Execution. Space Wolves, Thousand Sons (Prospero), Ultramarines (Calth).The theme is execution since it details the rebels' attempts to directly or indirectly destroy the remaining loyal legions.

Book 4: Retaliation. Alpha Legion, Raven Guard, Dark Angels (Thramas). This book details the loyalists getting their acts together and starting to retaliate against the rebels. The Thramas Crusade was amongst the first successful offensive actions by the loyalists.

Book 5: Endgame (Siege of Terra). Imperial Fists, White Scars, Blood Angels, Iron Warriors. The book also deals with the immediate aftermath, so the Iron Warriors get in here with the Iron Cage.

On topic: I don't think it's a fantastic deal, the transfer sheet isn't that useful since Dark Angels are on the standard transfer sheet which everyone should have loads of. Terminator shoulder pads are also not great since there's the plastic ones in the Command/Knights set. We're going to have to wait until Forge World get around to Dark Angels in the heresy before we see the good stuff (Book 4, mark my words!).

I think they will be in the penultimate book, the final book should of course be the Seige of Terra which principally involves Imperial Fists, Blood Angels and White Scars. Also there's 18 legions which doesn't divide into four, so either they will do five per book twice or five books instead of four.

This is how I would do it:

Book 1: Betrayal (Isstvaan III). Sons of Horus, Death Guard, Emperor's Children, World Eaters.

Book 2: Massacre (Isstvaan V), Iron Hands, Salamanders, Night Lords, Word Bearers. (I'd have probably put Raven Guard in here but there you go).

Book 3: Execution. Space Wolves, Thousand Sons (Prospero), Ultramarines (Calth).The theme is execution since it details the rebels' attempts to directly or indirectly destroy the remaining loyal legions.

Book 4: Retaliation. Alpha Legion, Raven Guard, Dark Angels (Thramas). This book details the loyalists getting their acts together and starting to retaliate against the rebels. The Thramas Crusade was amongst the first successful offensive actions by the loyalists.

Book 5: Endgame (Siege of Terra). Imperial Fists, White Scars, Blood Angels, Iron Warriors. The book also deals with the immediate aftermath, so the Iron Warriors get in here with the Iron Cage.

On topic: I don't think it's a fantastic deal, the transfer sheet isn't that useful since Dark Angels are on the standard transfer sheet which everyone should have loads of. Terminator shoulder pads are also not great since there's the plastic ones in the Command/Knights set. We're going to have to wait until Forge World get around to Dark Angels in the heresy before we see the good stuff (Book 4, mark my words!).

it's not like that...

istvaan V due to the huge number of legions involved is splitted in two books covering tha istvaan V battle itself and the ambush IW did to IF when they wher sent to rescue the loyalists marines...

so book II massacre has Salamanders Iron hands Word Bearers ad Night lords

Book 3 has Iron Warriors, salamanders, imperial fists and Alpha legion...

Then there will be the second trilogy prospero (SW, sisters of silence, Adptus custodes and TS) Calth (ultramarines VS word bearers) And Sanguis prime (BA and imperial army vs demons)

Then i guess they will have another trilogy of books covering NL vs DA, SW and RG Vs AL and i guess WS vs other CSM

i think the last three books will cover the sioege of mars the siege of terra and the fall of caliban...

I dont think we will see DA in 30k before 3 or 4 years according to ghe very slow rate of HH books...

the DW shoulder pads are Amazing... i bought them to put on my DWCS to make them stand out compared to the regular DW terminators (DWK already have their beautiful pads)...

I dont need the Rhino/LR door sets cause i already get a lot od DA icons in the RW sprues... For the same reason DA icons, DA decals and DA etched brass are almost useless...

I have bought just a DA venerable dread and 1 set od DW shoulder pads and i am waiting for the DA contemptor and DA shoulder pads for PA when they will hit the shelves...

I dont need the Rhino/LR door sets cause i already get a lot od DA icons in the RW sprues... For the same reason DA icons, DA decals and DA etched brass are almost useless...

Sounds to me you figured out why they put them in the bundle wink.png

The Terminator pads are beautiful. I should probably order some more eventually biggrin.png

]

The Terminator pads are beautiful. I should probably order some more eventually biggrin.png

Too bad that you have troubles adapting them to the shoulders when you try to vary the poses of your termis.

I have 20 termis with DW shoulder pads and some nice details like the skull-encensor or the little scroll of litany often block when you try to glue them on a termi that has a position a little more developed than those from AoBR...

The real draw of the Transfer sheet is multiple full sets of the DA squad numbers...  (And a ton of DW symbols)   I pulled it off without by being an old fart with many multiples of the old really little transfer sheets but they are getting scarce and 5s, 8s and 10s are hard to find.

(the next to smallest numbers fit on the DV tacticals...)

I looked last night and couldn't see the standard DA icon pack anywhere, that's the bit I use most regularly(as well as DW pads). Does anyone else know where it is?

They're under 40k/Space Marines/Chapter Upgrade Bundles section. It's at the very bottom of the Space Marine page so you might have to scroll down a bit. Can also just type in 'bundles' in the search bar.

Archived