Can you issue a challange to a lone model?

Ishagu

Yes, there are even rules specifying how this works on page 64&65 of the BRB - entitled "Outside Forces" and "Moral Support"

The aforementioned Daemon Prince is even used as the example in "Outside Forces".

- - - - -

I personally like doing the following:

- Charge Daemon Prince into the unit

- Issue Challenge with the Prince

- If Sergeant declines I'll be spared his attacks

- If the Sergeant accepts the Prince should munch him easily, then gets to hide in combat in my opponents turn, hopefully driving off/killing the enemy unit in his close combat phase and then acting freely again in my next turn.

Equally I've charged/been charged by mobs of Guard before, been challenged by the sergeant (hoping to spare his unit a turn), who died honourably (but futilely), as the Prince then ran down the whole unit when they promptly fled.

Yes, there are even rules specifying how this works on page 64&65 of the BRB - entitled "Outside Forces" and "Moral Support"

The aforementioned Daemon Prince is even used as the example in "Outside Forces".

- - - - -

I personally like doing the following:

- Charge Daemon Prince into the unit

- Issue Challenge with the Prince

- If Sergeant declines I'll be spared his attacks

- If the Sergeant accepts the Prince should munch him easily, then gets to hide in combat in my opponents turn, hopefully driving off/killing the enemy unit in his close combat phase and then acting freely again in my next turn.

Equally I've charged/been charged by mobs of Guard before, been challenged by the sergeant (hoping to spare his unit a turn), who died honourably (but futilely), as the Prince then ran down the whole unit when they promptly fled.

I guess the Space Marine / Guard player would still prefer this scenario over getting munched in the first round of combat. Now he's "only" getting munched in the third smile.png So, sacrificing the sergeant still buys you a game turn usually.

Archived