chapter master builds

Lord Kallozar

I am planning on running a CM on a bike with Arty armor and a burning blade.  That gives him a profile that a demon prince would be jealous of.  Then because I had 5 extra points, I gave him an auspex.  After the first turn when he drops his orbital bombardment he will be able to strip away some cover saves to help the rest of his forces before he makes it to melee where he starts the wholesale slaughter.  Ideally he would meet up with the honor guard as they get dropped off by the storm raven.

I think you should be careful about that many relic items. I have a feeling it will be reduced to one with the full FAQ.

Also, that is too many points for any game under 2k. After that, the world is your oyster.

ZP

I was thinking that maybe the shield eternal would be too many points for a chapter master on a bike. You can save 35 points by going with just a storm shield. He is already toughness 5, so the greatest threats to insta-kill him are removed. Of course strength 10 weapons are out there, as are force weapons, but with the 3++ save from a normal storm shield, the speed of the bike keeping him from staying in the line of fire very long, and a retinue of bikers that can shield him and give him LOS rolls, I think it is pretty safe.

I think you have a good point  Deus de Mortalis. I can't recall facing that many S10 weapons in CC and vs shooting you can rely on LoS to save him. The bike also helps a lot to arrive in CC.

Reading this thread I do have the feeling that CM can be really CC monsters. I'm only worried about going overboard and pouring too much points in this model will see it fail after all because they are simply too many guns pointed at him.

I do feel tempted to build a freak on a bike but without the crazy CC weapon, so he can opt not to overrun his enemy in one turn, and end combat in the opponents turn.

I think you have a good point  Deus de Mortalis. I can't recall facing that many S10 weapons in CC and vs shooting you can rely on LoS to save him. The bike also helps a lot to arrive in CC.

Reading this thread I do have the feeling that CM can be really CC monsters. I'm only worried about going overboard and pouring too much points in this model will see it fail after all because they are simply too many guns pointed at him.

I do feel tempted to build a freak on a bike but without the crazy CC weapon, so he can opt not to overrun his enemy in one turn, and end combat in the opponents turn.

If you do have a crazy good melee weapon, you don't have to use it. You can always just use his pistol (making all his attacks mundane), then in the Opponent's melee you can switch back to the awesome weapon. Completely legal, IFF you have a pistol or other mundane melee weapon.

Archived