Leigon of the damned

War Angel

They've caught my eye for sure.

Much cheaper, cause fear, weapons that ignore cover, 3+ invul.

They could be a viable alternative to shooty terminators, and are more reliable on the deepstrike.

How have you considered arming them? I was thinking about that multi melta, seeing as they can fire it on the move, but now I'm thinking maybe I should focus on their ability to Ignor cover and just use them as a burn squad, giving them a heavy flamer.

Heavy flamers already ignore cover, so why bother? I remember in seahawk's tactica he spoke of using a plasma/multi melta squad to deal with heavy infantry, monsters and vehicles. Now that they ignore cover, I'm thinking a plasma cannon is even nicer against infantry.

Haha, I already used that set-up before the new codex (with a power fist too; Relentless, WS5 and a 3++ means I see it as the best place to put a power fist).

Now they have ignore cover, 3+ armour and got a LOT cheaper!

Slow and purposeful and deep strike means they can drop a heavy weapon anywhere and cause some serious pain.

Deep-striking plasma cannon with ignores cover? Yes please.

Plasma cannon, plasma gun, and sergeant with combi-grav throws out a lot of AP2 ignores cover when it drops in.

Slow&Purposeful means it is a great place to put Grav weaponry due to the Salvo Rules. CombiGrav and Plasmagun will give you 5 shots at AP2 Ignore Cover even when you arrive via Deepstrike

edit: Originally thought about Gravgun but saw they cannot take it. Only combi-grav for the Sarge. Rats.

If they could take Grav Guns it would be awesome. Anyways, it's best to run:

Squad of 5

Sgt with Combi Grav

1 Plasma Gun

1 Mussile Launcher/ Multi Melta/Plasma Cannon

Can use them to drop a tough unit or hit your oponent hard by surprise.

Salvo is ignored by models with the relentless and slow and purposeful rules.

Basically, if you move the range is reduced and you fire less shots.

It's why we should be putting grav weapons on bikers, centurians and Lotd...

Slow and Purposeful is definitely worth it to be able to fire an ignore cover heavy weapon at full BS and to get full use of any grav weapons in the squad. Am I right in thinking this? Obviously Relentless would be better but the benefits of SnP outweigh not being able to sweep and stuff, right?

for 155 points you get a MM cm and mg, you can take a combi grav and plasma gun if you want but end result it turn 2 where you need them this squad lands and just blows up any vehicle or squad in their way. Ignores cover melta and plasma is amazing because the current meta is skimmer tanks.

Definitely considering LotD now.  I'd take a full 10 just to deny the easy kill point (still T4, 3+).  Probably go combimelta, meltagun, multimelta and nuke tanks that I need to die or just start shooting up infantry (pathfinders...)  Power axe isn't a bad idea either. 

Me too, it's about time they were better choices. Ignoring cover is good enough, but their 3++ save gives them other strengths and uses too - they could relentlessly (or technically slow-and-purposefully) march on the enemy gunning them down before assaulting to finish them off. Seems very fitting for how they're supposed to act! Finally a good reason to get their great models...

Or customize something devilishly awesome!!!

I can't see myself committing them to anti tank. Any Tac squad in a drop pod can do that for cheaper. But a Tac squad can't Ignor cover on a bunch of guys in a bush, aside from a flamer. But if you've got some cowardly chaos hiding in their tryin to get an invul from your plasma there out of luck. As threatening as they can be to tanks, I think they need to take advantage of that fact.

Or maybe just to keep them flexible I could do plasma cannon melta gun... Hmmmm

Maybe that's the real problem - deciding on how to use them :P The flat out cover ignoring is surely their greatest benefit so it makes sense to make the most of that and go infantry hunting with a more sizeable squad. They could really do a number on the cowardly back field types. Anything on top of that can be done as per your requirements/fancy of the day.

Archived