jetbike - bases or models

himkano

I am playing against Eldar (and I play eldar too) and an interesting question came up about jetbikes and bases.

Bikes use the model as the base (because they don't generally have a base).

Jet bikes come with a flying base (which is smaller than the model - assuming you have the really new or the really old ones).

I can't find anything in rules to suggest that the jetbike wouldn't use it's flying base - since it has one.  That being the case though, why would it be different from a normal bike?  Also, technically, a jetbike on a small base couldn't charge, because it could never get into base contact, since the model is bigger then the base.

On the other hand, using the model instead of the base can create situations when calculating how car apart they can be, where you measure the range from (which is important on a gun with 12" range), ect.

The people I play with aren't jerks, and this hasn't become a problem (just a question) but, for consistency, I would like to find an answer, and I would like it to be sound according to rules (so we don't go to a tournament and get surprised.

Thanks

Bikes don't come with bases?

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3250347a_99120101102_SM2013BikeSquadron01_445x319.jpg

Those things under the wheels look pretty much like bases to me.

Shooting is always measured from the weapon, regardless whether the model has a base or not.

Bikes don't come with bases?

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3250347a_99120101102_SM2013BikeSquadron01_445x319.jpg

Those things under the wheels look pretty much like bases to me.

Shooting is always measured from the weapon, regardless whether the model has a base or not.

They didnt previously come with bases, not one of mine was sold with them.

So we measure to any point at the bottom of the model.

For my eldar jetbikes I measure movement from stem to stem, and shooting from where the gun sits on the model. No ones had a problem with it to date.

Archived