FW Night Lords, Word Bearers stuff is up

Urauloth

Awesome. What Im wondering is will they eventually make pauldrons for the WB with the demon face on it?

Later in the heresy, I'm guessing. I think they'd started using them by the siege of Terra?

I never much cared for the gargoyle design myself so I'm thrilled to have burning books. Now I just need to not get sucked into the impoverishing abyss of 30k... gotta resist the urge to do a Calth invasion force

If you watch the video on maximum settings you can read the rules right off the pages thankfully.

NL look very fun to play, the early inv save even in the open. The legion only weapon is nice option for many unit leaders. Ap3 with rending will be handy in most cases, coupled with not being unwieldy. The murder special rule also very handy in actual close combat.

Iron hands though, jeezhhh... -1 str to all ranged weapon str ? thats very very interesting on how it will play out.

Yeah, but look again at the Night Lords. Fall back +1 inch, if the Warlord dies, all Units with Legiones Astartes(Night Lords) have to do a Morale test, if you take their Rite of War, you have to have three Compulsory Troops slots, only one Heavy Support slot, only one Consul, and can take no other Legion allies or fortifications. For every plus, there is at least one minus. Personally, I like it and it makes everything fluffy.

Indeed I think it will be a very fun and exciting list to play with.

Very excited over these shoulder pads though, my FW order is sitting mighty large and I'm glad I was careful with my hobby purchases in Q2+3 this year.

Son's of Horus Reaver squads, with a little file here and there, and NL pads, will look pretty damn amazing I feel! It is a shame the dreadnought has too many icon's to be a useful conversion over to NL needs. No Mk3 pad's could just be a timing thing. IH only got one set of pads, WB's got 3! I am sure in coming months we will see more. I am interested to see what kit will come for the NL Terror Squad.

I like the Shoulder pads, but I'd kill for some 40k Word Bearers shoulder pads from forgeworld.

The current citadel ones are pretty poor :(

Can only echo what others have said about using the 30k ones though. It's still a valid legion sign, but obviously I think most of us would prefer the daemon head symbol! :D

Nah. Or at least, I'm not begging for it. Horns are so small that they can be greenstuffed on. I mean heck, one guy asked if there would be SoH Land Raider doors and the reply was that Forgeworld had thought that the brass etches could be put onto a blank door or used as a basis so they hadn't really planned on it. Possible it might change, but it'll be way into the future. And with a progress rate of one book per year, that future might be far away indeed.

The axes in the "Terror Squad" picture are comparable to the mk4 weapon set axes...

I'm not keen on rotary cannons though.

I hope you are right with the unit being able to be geared for multiple roles.

Perhaps it will come with infiltrate?

Maybe. The Rites of War give it the option to take Drop Pods and Dreadclaws as Dedicated Transports, so it seems more likely they're some sort of assault unit, hit fast and hit hard. Send in ground troops, drop in reinforcements and then Deep Strike some Termies using the Teleportation transponder.

As for the rotary gun, I class it like I class Night Lord Jump Pack armies: Personal Taste.

Yar.

I think it could make for a pretty interesting unit though.

To be on the safe side, I think I am going with 20 Tacticals, 10 Assault, 10 Destroyers, 2 Drop Pods and a Storm Eagle to start with supported by a few Scorpius assuming they are a 1-3 choice.

Then see whats up with the Terror Squad and fill out from there.

Archived