Greek/Roman Marines - DIY Chapter

So I had worked on a test mini and though I personally liked how I made the blue, the colour scheme wasn't...unique enough? I reworked the colour scheme as well as worked on a little ore fluff, for now enjoy the colour scheme options I have present and a small piece of a story I was working on.

Option 1:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7306/12142231805_777e1535b9_o.jpg

Option 2:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5540/12142120035_f97f64c9ae_o.jpg

Short story: Onward

Areus looked up at the spore infested atmosphere of his homeworld, tiny pinpricks of light dotted the sky as Thunderhawks battled the Harpies and Hive Crones of the Tyranids in dogfights that tested the skill of every pilot to the best of their abilities. Spore pod after spore pod crashed into the outskirts of the Hive City, creatures that howled in hunger charged from those craters leading smaller ones each one moving with purpose, all were armed with scythe like claws and weapons that spat venom at the towering walls of the ancient Hold city. Taking time to make a last prayer to the machine spirit of his armour and weapons Areus strode to his assigned position where he would lead the Guardsman and marines in the sector, the 51st Regiment of the Volantis Minotaurs made their last weapon checks and oaths as the tide of monsters closed on their position all knew that they may not survive but to hold the line long enough for the rest of the chapter to arrive in the sector was worth the trouble.

The tide closed in only a short distance separating the two armies from each other, Areus opened the vox to the artillery positions that were attached to his command, "Prepare to fire on my mark." In the distance several Whirlwind and Basilisk artillery emplacements loaded ordnance into the mighty guns, Marines of the chapter roared their rage at the approaching horde their anger boiling just beneath the surface as they watch their home world being violated by these xenos. After what felt like a decade Areus barked into the vox, "FIRE!", shells the size of a man hurl themselves at the enemy their surfaces etched with litanies of accuracy. The first waves of ordnance landed into the horde ripping apart Hormogaunts and Termiegaunts while the Carnifex's stumbled or were cut apart, heavy bolters and autocannons spat streaming waves of bullets into the Tyranids, none of this seeming to slow the advance but nearly prolonged the inevitable. Areus watched his company stand beside him, each battle brother forming around their sergeant to form a phalanx to the approaching horde, looking skyward once more the Captain of the 3rd Company made a wordless prayer to the Emperor for strength before joining his Command squad their Boarding Shields already held steady and their chosen weapons clenched in their hands. The Captain clasped his helmet in place and strapped his own shield into place, unsheathing his sword he went into a defensive posture and his men followed his example, opening the vox to all squads he roared a single command, "CIRINGITE FRONTEM!". The first hormogaunts reached their line, talons extended and maw wide open to deliver a killing blow; today the enemy will learn fear thought Areus as he rammed his sword upwards to gut the wretched thing, blood spurted onto his armour and even though this could be his last few moments of life he would show no fear.

I hoped you enjoyed it, may have been a terrible read but I made it vague enough for everyone to fill in the gaps with their imagination until the miniature is made. C&C is always welcome and cheers!

I definitely like the infinity symbol and haven't thought of that, I did a quick search for various logos and symbols and found this! Infinity Blade and though it is a game I say it looks like something that I can do for free hand

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5491/12154749234_ba30880fd2_z.jpg

Archived