Ultramarine Stalker

Chaplian Silkor

Thanks for the comments brothers!

Nice, I can't wait to get one but I'm being good at the moment. It looks great, almost like it was ripped from the box. Can you give me the recipe for your dirt, mud and grime? I'm collecting weathering methods for my own nefarious needs...

The dirt/mud effect is quite easy to get. I used GW Rhinox hide as a base colour and then drybrushed GW Graveyard earth over the Rhinox hide and up to 2 cm from ground level.

Very nice looking Stalker. I think you nailed the amount of dirt on the vehicle so that it looks like it's been used, but not buried in a sandbox.

Well done.

How did you like putting the kit together?

The main body was quite easy to put together and was quite fun. It's basically a Rhino chassis with a different front and 3 big pieces of plastic slapped on.
 The turrets took some more work. A couple of small steps that needed repeating, but otherwise it was allright. 
 You can switch the main weaponry easily to a Hunter. There's only 1 piece that goes on both turrets but you only have 1 off (the attenae block). However, it is not an essential piece.

All in all it is a good and fun kit. You don't need to put in any work if you want to switch between stalker of hunter (you just need to build both weaponturrets).

EDIT: One problem I find is, that the stalker's turrets fall off a bit too easy. Can be fixed wit magnets or pinning I guess.

This looks great. the more I see of these things the more I want one - the kit looks like it's fun as hell to work with.

Nice weathering, and although they're simple, the lenses look good.

Thank you for the comment , brother.

Very nice indeed, the weathering looks great

The only thing I would change is to make those chapter symbols a little dirty or weathered, as they look very clean compared to the rest of the tank.

It still looks superb though smile.png

Indeed, they do look a bit too clean. Will need to dirty them up a little bit :)

Thanks for advice and comment, Cyrox!

Very, very nicely done!

As others have said the weathering is great. Good lenses too.

Very, very nicely done!

As others have said the weathering is great. Good lenses too.

Thank you :)

Thanks Silkor, that sounds like a good method I will definitely be trying that one out smile.png If it turns out even remotely as good I'll be pleased!

Good luck! I hope it works for you :)

Well, I hated the Stalker in the White Dwarf pics, but yours make it look loads better!! Great job biggrin.png

How is it to assemble? does the new sprue fit cleanly?

Thank you for the compliment!

It is quite easy to assemble. You get one of those new instruction manuals which help you through the building.

The parts were quite clean, some mild mouldlines here and there that required removing and some small gapfilling with GS, but nothing too big really.

So yeah, the new sprue fits cleanly tongue.png

Thanks for the comments brothers!

Nice, I can't wait to get one but I'm being good at the moment. It looks great, almost like it was ripped from the box. Can you give me the recipe for your dirt, mud and grime? I'm collecting weathering methods for my own nefarious needs...

The dirt/mud effect is quite easy to get. I used GW Rhinox hide as a base colour and then drybrushed GW Graveyard earth over the Rhinox hide and up to 2 cm from ground level.

>>

Very nice looking Stalker. I think you nailed the amount of dirt on the vehicle so that it looks like it's been used, but not buried in a sandbox.

Well done.

How did you like putting the kit together?

The main body was quite easy to put together and was quite fun. It's basically a Rhino chassis with a different front and 3 big pieces of plastic slapped on.

The turrets took some more work. A couple of small steps that needed repeating, but otherwise it was allright.

You can switch the main weaponry easily to a Hunter. There's only 1 piece that goes on both turrets but you only have 1 off (the attenae block). However, it is not an essential piece.

All in all it is a good and fun kit. You don't need to put in any work if you want to switch between stalker of hunter (you just need to build both weaponturrets).

EDIT: One problem I find is, that the stalker's turrets fall off a bit too easy. Can be fixed wit magnets or pinning I guess.

Very nice job on the painting and weathering - I'm stealing your dirt receipe. thumbsup.gif

I magnetised them like this and it makes life a lot easier:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cH4xUuz5BXw/Ui3dCH0xloI/AAAAAAAADI4/7uPu0wmxwC0/s1600/P1020570.JPG

Archived