CURRUS BELLI

The Shadow Guard

Hmmmm,

I understood Currus Belli to be chariot of war, but it's also an 'old school' print from an engraving in the British Museum:

'The chariot of War; a long military procession with soldiers battling on land and ships battling on the sea; most prominent is a chariot with a knight, labelled "Bellum" (War), sitting astride a cannon; the reins are held in the mouth of a figure labelled "Furor"; the chariot is drawn by four horses carrying female figures emblematic of Invective, Ambition, Divine Punishment and Rebellion and led by a trumpeting horseman labelled "Arrogatia"; the figures are labelled and numbered. 1578 Engraving'

Awesome!

Sadly the ETL2 almost completely cleaned me out of vehicles.

If Allies are allowed then IG or Mechanicus from 30k, hey is 30k ok?! You may have just given me a really cool christmas idea involving FW vehicles...

Roll on Oct 11

thumbsup.gif

Cod

I thought currus belli was what you got from eating too much spicy food.

No, that's Currus Bowelli...

He might be thinking of Delhi Bellius....

You obviously haven't been in China lately...just being outdoors is equivalent to smoking two packs a day, and eating just one piece of fresh produce is like licking the brush used to paint tritium onto compass dials! 

I should have my schedule cleared up in time for this. I've got a few vehicles here and there that need painting

I'm always fearful when Liberame talks about " a few vehicles that needs painting " rolleyes.gif

...in spite of all the distractions in Oklahoma? teehee.gif

Oooohhhh Great Timing.  Have to ask... Does anyone have a link to the post containing the customized Land Raider Crusader with the high arch side doors? and the customized assualt cannon ammo housing?  Going to try my had at plasticard for the first time and thought that would be a good, ambitious start.  Thanks mah frans!

Oooohhhh Great Timing.  Have to ask... Does anyone have a link to the post containing the customized Land Raider Crusader with the high arch side doors? and the customized assualt cannon ammo housing?  Going to try my had at plasticard for the first time and thought that would be a good, ambitious start.  Thanks mah frans!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/276338-my-dark-angels-wips/

There you go brother.

I should have my schedule cleared up in time for this. I've got a few vehicles here and there that need painting

I'm always fearful when Liberame talks about " a few vehicles that needs painting " rolleyes.gif

...in spite of all the distractions in Oklahoma? teehee.gif

Right now the only distractions I have is nursing school and getting my girl into the hobby. I only wish bikes counted as vehicles!

One beef I have with the B&C is how literal they are with the Latin. 40k is "High Gothic", not Latin! Meaning you take Latin and make it sounds lots more awesomer!

Like, say, "Curreos Bellum". Currus Belli sounds like a particularly nasty form of indigestion caused by a witch's spell. :)

It is indeed good to see the unabounded enthusiasm within these sacred halls. The Sons of the Lion are tryuly on the Path to Redemption. Much will be revealed in time....

... a truly scary thought.... I just wonder if anyone might best our prolific producer of profoundly painted plastic models.... devil.gif

Oh go on then - what are we painting again?

Oh... patience my boy... all things will be revealed in time...or not... some say it's vehicles...others say it's flyers...even more say it's a challenge while yet more say they're diving for pearls... who but the Lion knows the truth... all to be revelaed in time!! ermm.gif

One beef I have with the B&C is how literal they are with the Latin. 40k is "High Gothic", not Latin! Meaning you take Latin and make it sounds lots more awesomer!

Like, say, "Curreos Bellum". Currus Belli sounds like a particularly nasty form of indigestion caused by a witch's spell. smile.png

True enough but a lack of Latin means I have no idea what if any modifications might mean...so google translate it is.... and will...for the future and for ever more.... A few previoust posts on Delhi belly type comments appear to have been passed in to the warp so let's keep on track.... :) ... and build the anticipation.....

Not too long to wait...... Remember ... Illumination on the 11th of October.... Event opens on the 1st of November.....whistlingW.gif

SG

.... A few previoust posts on Delhi belly type comments appear to have been passed in to the warp so let's keep on track.... smile.png ... and build the anticipation.....

Not too long to wait...... Remember ... Illumination on the 11th of October.... Event opens on the 1st of November.....whistlingW.gif

SG

Delibelwhatsis comments? Never saw them... nope. not at all...eek.gif

"42" days til the event opens? Illumination on life, the imperium, and everything?

What vehicle would be best to represent this? A land raider? Too obvious. A flyer? Angels and flight is too cliche. Ah, I know. A dreadnought!!!

Or, maybe not. I'll keep pondering until the official cry of "Astartes, satus vestri machinas..."

"42" days til the event opens? Illumination on life, the imperium, and everything? ."

The best iluminator is the touch of the Blades of reason on bare skin.... in chamber 42... cry.gif

SG

Ah, I see your... point.

Do forgive my enthusiasm, but the paths you reveal inevitably do what paths often do best: lead us forward.

Archived