CURRUS BELLI

The Shadow Guard

Well that second verse, clearly is a reference to the Ravenwing:

Remember those who saddled in leather

Sped to war like birds of feather

On the field of battle the lords shall untether

Their glory shall remain etched forever

As mentioned by others earlier, the pic SG has used for the 'Currus Belli' event is the cover to a book involving Ravenwing.

Also, if I remember rightly SG was painting some Ravenwing for the ETL2.

So, it probably is including Ravenwing somehow. But... I wouldn't be surprised if there was a little twist somewhere

And if by chance it does involve something with our SW cousins, I'll leave you with this:

Our Primarch was calm, serene, save for his eyes which glittered like a sea of emeralds. His words spoken with reserved zeal, ending with a knowing smile.

'Be brave my sons, without fear. After all... Why should a lion fear wolves?'

thumbsup.gif

Cod

There once was a Primarch from Caliban,

Who wielded a sword like a superman,

He fought Leman Russ

After he called him a cuss

And departed in an emo huff leading to thousands of years of misunderstanding and ritual duels

;)

Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba [Here comes a lion, Father]
Sithi uhm ingonyama [Oh yes, it's a lion]

Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba [Here comes a lion, Father]
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama [Oh yes, it's a lion]
Ingonyama [Lion]

Siyo Nqoba [We're going to conquer]
Ingonyama [Lion]
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala [A lion and a leopard come to this open place]

From the day we arrive on the planet

And blinking, step into the sun...

The rest you probably know. whistlingW.gif

[Edited for possible warp infestation. Normality is restored.]

Dear emperor on the golden throne...what have I started?? eek.gif

SG

Better start talking, Dark Angel. Then they might stop.

I say might as you Dark Angels are suspicious sods so they will probably want to make sure that you are telling the truth.

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a galaxy that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the Lion and you curse the traitor. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that the Lion's death, while tragic, probably saved lives.

Apologies to Aaron Sorkin and any real-life marines I've offended by my crass plagiarisation.

Dear emperor on the golden throne...what have I started?? eek.gif

SG

If I can get SG to question himself, even in the slightest, my work here is done. devil.gif

Of course I am sure to regret doing so after the upcoming briefing...

[Edited for possible warp infestation. Normality is restored.]

....Ain't no passing craze,

It means no worries for the rest of your days....

Incoming...

+++Notice to all participants in this heretical dialogue, you are to be terminated with extreme prejudice. Please move immediately to the nearest detention centre for the administration of your sentence+++

Five pages of nonsense and we haven't started yet, gotta love this group of fanatics biggrin.png

Stobz, on 07 Oct 2013 - 10:38, said:

....Ain't no passing craze,

It means no worries for the rest of your days....

Incoming...

+++Notice to all participants in this heretical dialogue, you are to be terminated with extreme prejudice. Please move immediately to the nearest detention centre for the administration of your sentence+++

But it's a problem free philosophy, why should we be forced to desist? msn-wink.gif

Five pages of nonsense and we haven't started yet, gotta love this group of fanatics biggrin.png

We seem to have become a group defined by our contests, who become listless and dejected without supervision and guidance and goals set by the Inner Circle...... just like the Dark Angels really! msn-wink.gif

So anyone else noticed the board notice at the top of the forum?

it's only on this board though. which is odd considering there have been announcements for currus belli on other parts of the forum.

Odd indeed..... what does that mean?

+ + + Bellum Aeternus + + +  

oops

+ + + Currus Belli + + +  

+ + + Four days to Revelation + + +

Chariots... Eternity of War... for the Primarch ...for the Legion....

BEHOLD! THE ETERNAL CRUSADE!

What does it all mean? I. don't. know.

...hidden in plain sight. hidden in plain sight. hidden in plain sight. hidden in plain sight.

Arrrgh, just give me my bolter (airbrush) and chainsword (paintbrush) already... a little over three days left....

Shadow guard, may the emperor bless you. Very much hoping to retred the path to redemption.

Twas great to have a chalenge laid down each month to keep me on track. Having but an assault squad to complete the 4th company, I am torn between collecting the raven or death wings. Hoping this will help make up my mind. And with 6 months go a good way towards those goals.

Archived