CURRUS BELLI

The Shadow Guard

+++Stay on target, stay on target!+++

+++Almost there, almost there!+++

+++ We're too close... loosen up! +++

+++ Auspex contact detected +++

"There coming! There coming! Dear Emperor, they're all over the place, our position is about to be run over by..."

+++ Transmission interrupted +++

+++ They came from... behind! +++

+++ Transmission lost +++

+++Stay on target, stay on target!+++

+++Almost there, almost there!+++

+++ We're too close... loosen up! +++

+++ Trust in the Emperor, Azreal +++

Sorry i couldent resist....

*Bows head in shame and makes way to Dungeons*

+++Incoming vid-link transmission+++

+++Establishing audio-visual contact+++

*At first, the only discernable image visible in the static is the outline of some immense, winged humanoid, but as the moments pass and the adepts toil at their stations, it becomes clear that the humanoid is in fact a massive, ornate golden statue of Sanguinius, posed with his wings and arms spread high and wide. Wreathed about him, swarms of fearsome, winged, reptilian beasts spiral upwards, actual flames jetting from their polished mouths and lighting the Reclusiam the monument resides in. The entire room is designed in similar, impeccable detail, with homages to the God-Emperor, the Angelic Primarch, and strangely enough, a lone guardsman in Heresy-era attire. It is so glorious that those watching the transmission find the sudden appearance of a pale, handsome, raven-haired face with eyes like orbs of pure jet utterly jarring.*

"Hail and well met. I am Gabriel Petruchio, Captain of the Windriders of 4th Company and Master of the Fleet of the Dragons of Oricalcos, hailing you from the High Chapel of the Battle Barge Winged Glory."

*His voice was strong yet sweet, and highly refined in its pronunciation and inflection. When he had made his introductions, he paused, frowned heavily, cocked his head to one side, and stroked his pointed goatee.*

"Tech-adept Antonio, the transmission light is not blinking. I have been speaking to dead space."

*Muffled sounds and static are heard, amid a solid clunk. A loose bolt flies past the Captain's head, knocking a portion of his lengthy locks out of place. A quick toss of the head remedies this minor problem. A nervous voice pipes up from behind the transmisssion equipment.*

"My Captain, the light is malfunctioning...the Angels of the Lion have been watching this whole time."

*The good Captain frowns even more heavily, and instantly stops pulling at his goatee. He continues to speak as if nothing had happened.*

"Angels of the Lion, I have been ordered by my Lord Commander, Grand Drake Ancalagan Belar, to investigate and answer a strange message we received from this location at our Fortress Monastery, while en route to my previously ordered destination. I have been instructed to obtain, nay, demand an explanation of what the Dragons of Oricalcos can only identify as some sort of obtuse challenge. I await your response."

*The Captain fiinishes by staring with burning intensity into the viewscreen.*

Hmmm....my latest theory is a 30k painting challenge.  I'm moving across the Pacific (ocean, not segmentum!) in the middle of Currus Belli, and therefore will not participate.  Therefore, I haven't kept up with this thread...so if I'm repeating someone else's theory, it's by coincidence...great minds think alike!

And the Shadow Guard shall summon the angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together from the four winds, from one end of the Imperium to the other. All of the Legion are gathered and assembled before their Primarch, the Lion...

Its past midnight...

Shadow Guard, you're good because we're an understanding lot...but if you don't reveal your plans by sunday midnight...we're going to get you.

And Stobz knows how to make souls talk...you've been warned :P

Its past midnight...

Shadow Guard, you're good because we're an understanding lot...but if you don't reveal your plans by sunday midnight...we're going to get you.

And Stobz knows how to make souls talk...you've been warned tongue.png

Try getting out of the Liber with your sanity intact, and then we'll talk! msn-wink.gif

Chamber 42...pah! Childs' play! laugh.png

Hmmmm.

Given that there is a thread called 'The Heresy unfolds...' and Chaos threads called 'The end is nigh... can you hear it?'

All dated Oct 15 2013 - Jan 15 2014.

Maybe we should check back on Oct 15th too?

thumbsup.gif

Cod

Archived