Alpha legion supplement january?

hornywingythingy

"Jan: IG 40k

Alpha legion supplement 40k digital

Ultramarines supplement hard copy"

From faeit 212, link here.

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/release-schedules-white-scars-black.html?m=1

Now I promised myself I wouldn't get excited as it would likely be as uninspired as the black legion one. Plus its a faeit 212 rumour, so not always dependable, and often contradictory...

Even so, I squeed like a little girl! ;)

As an AL player, I would love to see this but, isn't the Thousand Sons supplement supposed to hit in a date close to it, together with the C:SW? If so, I think it is unlikely that GW will release two CSM supplements in a row.

Edit: I´ve read the whole page, one supplement each month? Dunno if GW can pull that off...

The more solid rumours pointed towards either guard or orks for january with wolves later in the year, I have heard conflicting reports about a thousand sons supplement and that it was being rolled into the tzeentch god book.

Obviously like all, take with salt.

Also bear in mind we are supposed to be getting multiple sm supplements over the next few months.

As an AL player, I would love to see this but, isn't the Thousand Sons supplement supposed to hit in a date close to it, together with the C:SW? If so, I think it is unlikely that GW will release two CSM supplements in a row.

Edit: I´ve read the whole page, one supplement each month? Dunno if GW can pull that off...

I'd be more worried about what's coming out rather than if it' coming out.

With a mandatory VotLW, it will relegate them as allies, like the Black Legion.

All CSM supplements will have VotLW by the way it looks.

In a certain respect it makes sense. The First Founding legions are the true veterans, with millennia of warfare behind them. Even if you're a newer recruit or aspirant, you're trained and conditioned by the very, very best. Now just stop giving pansy chapter masters 4 wounds and eternal warrior and put it where it's supposed to be, and I'll be happier.

Well as I believe that AL is quite divergent from classic CSM, I would welcome AL to be later than sooner, as that would mean that supplement would be more divergent from original dex, with chance of getting a new unit(s). I believe there are other factions that need much less work to be properly represented.

I would love to see a rule that would allow an Alpha Legion to choose one Troop model from the enemy army and nominate it Alpharius and than place it under his control for the duration of a turn. Imagine plasma cannon marine in your hands mwahahah

The only thing I want from an alpha legion supplement is a regular, plain old homing beacon with no ridiculous, self defeating hoops to jump through to activate, that my black legion can steal via ally slots. I rate my chances as very low.

i am, like most it appears, nervous about the supplement that seems to be on the horizon. GW has time and time again missed clear opportunitys by going in left field with things that break or miss established ideas of fun/playability/usefullness. I will still wait like a puppy trapped in a kennel to see if my favorite legion has been striped back to its colors and 1 special rule at a cost

I already thought there was a alpha legion supplement. The new codex space marines. The ultimate infiltrators would very likely use both books at the same time. Maybe I'm just crazy.

The only named AL character is Arkos the Faithless, and he infiltrated vraks as regular astartes, so its exactlt what theyd do. Im actually gearing up to convert them very soon so keep an eye out if you like vraks.

Would seem bizarre to do them when there are others more in need...

They are heavily featured (painted army wise) in the codex, and for the newer additions to the studio army.  It might have sparked more interest.

And they could be releasing the "undivided" ones first before unleashing the god Based books.

I'd be interested to see it, because they're one of my favorite Legions.  Something about the First and Last legions both spark intense wonder and curiosity in me.

I don't look forward to this release, because I worry that we will see Plague Marine Alpha Legionnaires, and we will be told how the AL have always been all about cults and worship of the Chaos gods and so on, just like all the other traitor legions (since it looks like all the chaos legions will eventually become BL in different colours).

At least that is how I see it, and the impression I have gotten on where GW wants to take the CSM. Much easier to write rules if the codex only needs to cater to one faction (though it uses many colours), instead of nine-ten factions within the same framework.

Yeah, awesome challenge rules like using members of the enemy unit for "Look Out Sir!" :)

I hope that the fluff is amazing and not too "Alpharius did it!" because I know I'll eventually want the physical book.

Archived