Telion and Snapshots

Seahawk

Thought so. Also: awesome.

only if you are a UM player tongue.png Honestly I thought this dex would have been an excellent opportunity to make Telion available to all chapters because that's a big point of his fluff. But that would have been too logical for GW :lol:

It does specify that Telion is seconded to chapters with close ties to the Ultramarines, so in that respect CT:UM works as these chapters are most likely successors and using the same battle methods.

That aside this is very nice to know, it could make all the difference in the right moment!

It does specify that Telion is seconded to chapters with close ties to the Ultramarines, ...

Telion lead training is a privilage reserved to those chapters that have accepted Calgar as their 'Spiritual Liege' as evidenced by their embrace of 'Chapter Tactics: Ultramarines'.

Page 4 of the 6th edition 40K Official Update Version 1.5 states

specifically that this is not possible and that Telion still makes snap

shots at BS1. 

I can't believe I am the first one to know this, do you guys even read FAQ?

The question wasn't about Voice of Reason, nor the BS of a Snap Shot.

The BRB FAQ doesn't cover Precision Shots and Snap Shots.

This is a clear case of Page 7.

Page 4 of the 6th edition 40K Official Update Version 1.5 states specifically that this is not possible and that Telion still makes snap shots at BS1. 

I can't believe I am the first one to know this, do you guys even read FAQ?

As noted, your first comment is correct but completely different than the subject being talked about, please check yourself before you check others. Its something we should all do.

And no, alot of people are not up to date with the FAQs- its half the traffic we get here, reminding people to read the faqs or pointing out where it is in the horribly arranged hodge-podge jumble.

• 3 months later...

"Note that Snap Shots...can never be Precision Shots." (BRB p.63)

"All shooting hits made by Sergeant Telion are Precision Shots." (C:SM, p.109)

Codex overrules, or BRB wins?

But it says "all shooting HITS made by Sergeant Telion" not "all shooting made by Telion". This implies that it is a Precision Shot when it hits, but for hitting you still need a certain dice roll, which is a 6 for Snap Shots.

Yes.

It's clear that Telion can't manipulate the roll required for a Snap Shot.

He still needs to roll a 6 to hit.

But that 6 of his, is a Precision shot.  Which is a Codex Rule trumping a BRB rule (that Snap Shots can never be Precision Shots...).

Snap Shot with Telion, roll a 6, assign the hit as a Precision shot.

Archived