The Hydra, The Fist & The Eternal Maw. (Jaspcat's Log)

GhostMalone

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/f8a1138f-df47-4201-af93-ac42254f5c82_zps7fb126e1.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/eb3257c0-bc71-4b2b-b7ca-b41c9df9d13c_zps22ffb392.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/59435745-0a58-4468-bd04-cb445f742e3a_zps8e7255f2.jpg

++COMMAND SOURCE AUTHENTICATED; STRIKE CRUISE FALLEN SHADOWS++

++PEOPLE OF TAMARUS V SUB-SECTOR DELTA, WE HAVE HEARD YOUR CALL FOR ASSISTANCE AGAINST THE TRAITOROUS WORLD EATERS AND TO OBLIGE OUR COUSINS OF THE VIITH LEGION IN ERADICATING THEIR STAIN FROM THIS PLANET. THEY BUTCHER INNOCENTS IN THEIR MILLIONS AND CLAIM THAT THE EMPEROR IS A FALSE LORD. IN THIS WE DO NOT AGREE BUT OUR ORDERS ARE NOT TO ASSIST YOU, IM SORRY THAT OUR COUSINS BRING RUIN UPON YOUR WORLD AND BRING WITH IT THE ATTROCITIES OF WAR. BROTHER CAPTAIN DALKEITH OF THE XIVTH COMPANY OUR ORDERS ARE TO ASSIST AND RECLAIM THE FALLENS GENE-SEED STOCKS, BY MY AUTHORITY FROM THE GLORIOUS ALPHARIUS AND IN THE NAME OF THE WARMASTER HORUS I DEMAND THAT YOU DO NOT LAY A SINGLE HAND ON THE VAULTS. BROTHER AURON OF THE XITH COMPANY I REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT YOUR GARRISON SHALL NO LONGER HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SURRENDER AND JOIN OUR CAUSE, EXTERMINATIUS HAS BEEN ORDERED AND YOUR RESOURCES ARE REQUIRED FOR THE WAR EFFORT++

++SEVENTH COMPANY VOX-NET COMMAND SIGNAL++

++BEGIN ASSUALT,LOCATE GENE SEED VUALTS.

FOR OMEGON AND HIM ON TERRA.++

it is a joint venture between my world eaters, and the sons of Dorn and Alpharius.

This project will work by creating one squad of each legion at a time.

++DEVILS BRIGADE++

The Black devils as they are known by their opposition are feared for their lightning strikes and the utilisation of forbidden tech to be bought to bear upon the human populations, they have no agendas or ulterior motives they are strictly soldiers operating throughout the galaxy bringing forth the skills learnt upon terra from the original ancient texts pertaining to a mythic battalion of ancient commandoes from one of Ancient Terra's Civil uprisings.

Imperial Fists

The marines of the Xith company are humanities most stalwart defenders, where most legionaries follow their duties to protect humanity the XIth Company of imperial fists take their duty to extremis. Utilising doctrines set out by the Primarch Vulkan when they undertook the pacification of Heldorion Primus, they fought side by side the sons of nocturne and found that the sacrifice of the HELLHAMMERS and their company was to a greater degree then the Fists were willing to take, through this they felt shame for their actions allowing their cousins to bare the brunt of unnecessary casualties and as such continually have higher attrition rates then most Imperial Fist Legionaries.

World Eaters

The XIVth Company of world eaters are a rare breed amongst their blood crazed brethren, though they share the same blood of there gladiator king sire they aren't all mindless bezerkers and retain a degree of martial dignity and prowess in siege combat. The great mind of their Captain Dalkeith has not been destroyed by the butchers nails yet he still retains the mind of an astrates and is one of the few of a bygone era.

<span style="font-family: courier new;" monospace'="" courier,="" ,="">The XIVth understand that in order to wreak harm mass murder and sooth the nails that patience is needed, once the wall is breached then the mindless slaughter can commence. following the path created by their sworn brothers of the IVth legion they know as tedious as trench warfare and sieges can be that the end result is worth the patience.

Well its still going to be a bit for resin but I tell you right now once I set myself on the scheme for the AL & IF ill get some WIP shots, this will also contain my terrain project log within these hallowed pages, the fluff is still basic as I don't feel I have the abilities to successfully portray what the devils brigade truly are. currently writing up my first 1000 points for each force so stay tuned for more works.

and thanks guys for already jumping behind this means heaps to me sweat.gif

So time for some fluff, ill do all the font work once I'm on an actuall computer.

Introducing Auron, Cpt of the IF XIth Company

"Captain Auron what do you make of this new development?"
Auron looked down at his chapter serf and found that for the first time in his entire service with the VIIth legion, he was at a loss for words. Looking into this young man's eyes, he could see the traces of fear hidden within the helplessness that was being displayed before him.

"This is why I was made this is my raison d'être, my reason for being here", he thought to himself. Whilst looking over the battlements he could see flashes of detonating shells being fired into the trench lines of the XIIth legion. What had this all come to? When the XIIth had entered the system, Auron ordered astropathic transmissions be relayed to any and all loyalist forces within the vicinity of this dark sector of space. So far no replies came, no calls for assistance, not even an acknowledgement that they made it through to another station. He knew that if this truly was the case that there was only one possible outcome.

Complete and utter annihilation of the XIth company.

This was a fact that he tried to keep from the local population of Tamarus Prime. If the people lose hope then the bastard sons of Angron might as well have the gates opened for them.

Deep down, he knew that the 427 marines he had under him were no match for what stood against them; lines of Typhon siege tanks and Cerberus heavy destroyers were already forming up into attack positions. Malcadore Annihilators and siege constructs stared hungrily with a singular intent; to tear the breach in the wall.

Auron was aware that these weren't the usual sons of Angron and had heard of their exploits from afar. It was thus he knew that the only chance for survival was to hold out till the Imperial Fists could be reinforced.

Then it happened. Hope died, with the arrival of the Alpha Legion.

With one, singular voice, all of the vox systems began to announce the arrival of the Sons of Alpharius. He recognized their unit designation: the Seventh Company of the XX Legion. He also knew them by their more infamous moniker, the Black Devils. In that moment, he knew there was no leaving this world alive.

"Jason" said Auron
"Yes lord..." The Chapter Serf replied
"Bring me my blasted Blade. We have dogs to gut and snakes to cull."

You shall recieve pictures once I've got the bitz mocked up for all the captains msn-wink.gif

Now for part two of the fluff

Adding depth to the situation and bringing Dalkeith to the for front

"Those :cussing whoresons, how dare they just declare Exterminatus in the middle of a battle!" Dalkeith could not believe the sheer arrogance that the XXth legion showed.

Without warning, he smashed the holo projector in front of him. The Nails sang at the release of the pent up fury that he constantly kept at bay.

"Atkell! Report on the recon squads!"

"Sir," replied the recon Sgt "All squads have checked in. The latest data received confirms what you already expected."

"Hmph" grunted Dalkeith. Of course it was as he thought, the blasted Fists did the same thing every engagement; fortifying their positions with cross fire points, heavy weapons batteries and miles of trench lines that were most likely kitted out with trip-wired nerve gas and melta-sentinel emplacements.

"And what of our own disposition?"

"Sir, we have received reports that most known members of the lodges have started to become a risk to our forces. The blasted nails have taken another 117 marines. At this rate the rampager squads are all we will be able to field."

"God damn it, how am I supposed to drag the walls down when my own brothers are to focused on killing anything that moves!" D
alkeith could feel the nails pinching at his skull in sympathy. He would not submit to their will; he would not be dragged as low as the animals that now considered themselves XIIth legion.

"Any word received from Bodt on the arrival of our next batch of recruits?"

"It seems that they won't be here for another 2 weeks."

"The second they arrive, I want their gear handed out and they are to be positioned between the support squads and reinforcing any Tactical supports under 70% fighting capacity."

"Yes my lord."

"That is all Sergeant."

As Atkell went to leave the room, he noticed something that he very rarely saw in his captain's face. Stress, and not the kind induced by holding the nails at bay. This campaign was starting to take its toll on the captain.

++squad channel open++
+Verona do you receive+
+Yes Sgt.+
+Track down Saresk and Torin+
+The Sand Scorpion & the Butcher?+
+Yes, I believe we need to find out exactly what it is these bastard sons of Alpharius want and why they haven't officially contacted the XIVth+
+Aye I'll send the squad down to the reserve trenches and find them. I'm assuming this is unofficial?+
+As always Verona. We must protect the captain.+

Thanks guys smile.png

Now entering stage left captain of the devils brigade ergo proxy

"Deployment pattern beta confirmed."

"Insertion of seeker squads within position of tertiary and secondary objectives confirmed."

"Estimation of enemy forces- undefined."

As his eyes glazed over the incoming pict-feed and stream of information, Ergo Proxy was calm. Things are progressing as planned. This engagement would be over within 2 months at the latest.

The sons of Alpharius had a reputation for covert operations, but this was not going to be that simple. Ergo had to consider the collateral damage that the WE could produce. These Fists were to be liberated of everything; armour, equipment, gene seed.

The announcement was necessary, the statement straight forward. He was no normal marine, he was Ergo Proxy, the agent of death. His gift was to bring damnation upon humanity in order to produce a better future.

They were away from their parent legion. His fathers had no contact with him and he had no orders. But like any good son, he knew their will.

"These warriors are ruined; their gene-seed corrupted." He turned to Monad, his right hand.

"Destroy all XIIth Legion gene-seed and marines you come across; their stain will be wiped from the face of this planet."

"Your will be done."

++All operatives ensure all XIIth legion are issued with action zeta gamma 5.++
+Burn the bodies.+

"Good", thought Ergo. After Istvaan and the massacre, everything had changed; the duplicity and subterfuge got worse within the legion. Ergo hated this. He hated and despised what the legions were becoming.

We all deserve to be extinct, we all deserve oblivion. These thoughts were becoming more prominent. His self-loathing and hate of the Legiones Astartes were becoming self destructive. The path his fathers had chosen was wrong and he knew it as did many of the legion.

But he was a soldier; born and bred to fight. He had nothing else other than that to give to humanity, but the massacre took it away. Now he was only a shell of resentment.

And he was blessed with Ergo Proxy as his new title for those same actions. Ergo Proxy how quaint. Nothing but a puppet of a shadow with no will to enact his own agendas.

This though, was about to change.

"Monad, I need your loyalty now more than ever. By the end of this campaign things may have to change."

And Maybe for the Imperial Fists, you should call them the "SCUTA HUMANITATEM" instead of "HUMANITIES SHIELDS" It means the "SHIELDS OF HUMANITY", it sounds less mundane in Latin!

For the World eaters, Might I suggest "Praevaricatores moenibus" (breakers of walls)

and the Alpha Legion,"consortio daemoniorum" (company of devils) when I translated brigade, it turned up LEGIO, funny huh?

I think ill look at changing the titles to Latin.

I want to get to work on the test models but I'm currently held up due to real life and other dragging things.

But ill hopefully have 3 army lists up all approx 2000 points to start building around.

My goal for each legion will be around 10000 pts per force.

And thanks Prime for the vote of confidence, ill also draw up some sketches for the start of the hive fortress's outer walls and the game board

Army lists

Alpha Legion

HQ

Legion centurion Vigilator

-Cameleoline and bolter (kraken/tempest/scorpius bolts)

-Refractor field

-Volkite serpenta

110 pts

Legion command squad

-5x Legionnaires

-4x combi bolters

-Melta bombs

205 pts

ELITES

Destroyers

-10x legionnaires

-2x rad missile launchers

-Artificer armour

-3 phosphex bombs

-Rhino

355 pts

Destroyers

-10x legionnaires

-2x rad missile launchers

-Artificer armour

-3 phosphex bombs

-Rhino

355 pts

TROOPS

Tactical Support Squad

-10x legionnaires

-10x Volkite Caliver

-Rhino

260 pts

Tactical Support Squad

-10x legionnaires

-10x flamers

-Rhino

210 pts

Recon Squad

-10x legionnaires

-10x cameleoline

-Recon armour

-Combi weapon

-Storm eagle

470 pts

Total 1965 pts

Imperial Fists

HQ

Legion Centurion Champion

-Artificer armour

-Combat Shield

100pts

Command squad

-5x Legionnaires

-4x combat shields

-4x charnable sabres

-Melta bombs

205 pts

ELITES

Veteran Tactical Squad

-10x legionnaires

-heavy bolter

-Melta

235 pts

Veteran Tactical Squad

10x legionnaires

-Heavy flamer

-Volkite charger

225 pts

Dreadnought Talon Contemptor

-3x Dreds

-Multi melta

-CC weapon

-Kheres assualt cannon

-Kheres assualt cannon

-Havoc launcher

-Heavy conversion Beamer

-CC weapon

605 pts

TROOPS

Breacher Squad

-20x Legionnaires

-4x flamers

345 pts

Breacher Squad

-20x legionnaires

-4x graviton guns

385 pts

Total 2100 pts

World Eaters

HQ

Centurion Siege Breaker

-Artificer Armour

-Boarding shield

-Thunder hammer

140 pts

Legion Command Squad

-5x legionnaires

-5x Power weapons

190pts

ELITES

Legion terminators

-10x legionaries

-Heavy flamer

335 pts

Legion terminators

-10x legionaries

-Heavy flamer

-Pair lightning claws

350pts

TROOPS

Assualt squad

-20x legionaries

-Melta bombs

-Combat shields

-Power weapon

570 pts

Breacher squad

-20x legionnaires

-4x flamers

-Power weapon

-Nuncio vox

385 pts

Heavy Support

3x vindicators

3x dozer blades

375 pts

Total 2345 pts

Sadly, the Sergeant does not have access to the squad's special weapons. He has to run with bolt pistol/chainsword, or upgrade him to other close combat weapons. He could take a combi-flamer, though.

Archived