The Hydra, The Fist & The Eternal Maw. (Jaspcat's Log)

GhostMalone

I know but I'm very much creating the alpha legion the way I want them, as heathens said throw a legion that usually wouldn't fair well in a trench warfare siege type engagement, so these alphas are the dregs, those that only have one use.

If you lose a limb or get replacements everyone knows your no longer Alpharius but your still a legionary, so you get booted to the devils brigade.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zps07b26d73.jpg

More progress

I know but I'm very much creating the alpha legion the way I want them, as heathens said throw a legion that usually wouldn't fair well in a trench warfare siege type engagement, so these alphas are the dregs, those that only have one use.

If you lose a limb or get replacements everyone knows your no longer Alpharius but your still a legionary, so you get booted to the devils brigade.

More progress

Confused. How does fluff transfer into rules? Unless its a house-rule, Support Sarges can't take special weapons.

He does look cool though, the DA hooded head has always been, to be, an Alpha Legion head before Dark Angels.

I'm ignoring those things for the fluff I'm building, these are strictly going to be for anyone who wants to verse me, I'm even doing terrain rules for the trenches etc, I don't want these for a tournament but personal use.

Something like no his kit should be this in my personnel opinion for this project are out the window.

After all their alpha legion

Exactly, plus I like the idea of him carrying explosives in the trench, fire and explosions.

Alot of the models for the AL will have bionics.

I want them all to be shown as outcasts from the legion due to injuries.

Make them bitter resentful but loyal to their primarch.

Any idea for paint scheme? I've been toying with Tamiya's Clear Blue...and by the Gods is it irritating. As is, its far too thick, but if I try and thin it, it ruins the paint structure, making a gooey mess. Although it has a very nice look to it.

Well I'm going for a jade scheme

Black basecoat

Layer Incubi darkness

Layer sotek green

Layer uthulian blue

Layer blue horror

Wash coelia green shade.

So the scheme from this months white dwarf for the statue of khaine in paint splatter.

I think it could work nicely

Edit: and cloaks and cloth are going to be grey for camo in the trench board

Another test model, ill be including a 10 man heavy support squad of mk vi with missile launchers;

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zps9bfe2124.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zps2a4b6e6a.jpg

Thanks prime.

I'm going to try make the alphas crouched cloaked and relaxed.

Ill have to trim off the cable between the arm and launcher then fit the legs, the GS it back into place.

Need to order more legs :/

Okay now to start on the sgt of my first recon squad, he will be equipped with a combi-flamer and a nuncio vox from the master of the signal pack.

Introducing Sennex;

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zpsc1041ed8.jpg

It had been 12 hours since the operation began and Sennex felt uneasy being this close to the World Eaters' forward positions.

"Damn you Kazkis, where are you?"

Usually an insertion like this took 7hrs. He couldn't risk calling his brother over the vox network. Breaking radio silence could get them both killed as even the World Eaters couldn't miss a radio signal at this distance. Not to mention the mission would be a total failure.

The operation was simple; insert into the WE forward positions and place a thermo nuclear charge into the 3 designated target areas. After that, ex-filtration would be necessary to receive new orders.

The outcome was clear.

A nuclear holocaust ending around 2000 astrates lives. And knowing Ergo, the captain would be setting up other targets in other locations.

Thinking of the Captain brought his actions back to mind. The Brigade was becoming more ruthless as a whole, with Ergo in particular. But who could blame him? What the XX Legion did at Istvaan V... It was never meant to happen.

He remembered the screams and the laughter as the World Eaters overran the retreating Loyalists. Recalling those atrocities filled him with disgust and revulsion.

And the Word Bearers and Emperor's Children were no better. Skinning Astartes alive to wear their skins like cloaks, collecting heads as trophies and nailing prisoners to the sides of vehicles as some grisly banner.

This was not what the Astartes were made for. They were warriors, not sadistic kin-slayers. How far the mighty have fallen.

"Sgt Sennex, we've received confirmation that Kazkis has withdrawn and the mission is successful."

This was a relief. A sigh escaping his lips was the only sign of the relieved tension he had felt.

"Prepare the squad to retrieve our brothers."

"Acknowledged"

The quicker this war was done with, the better off the Legion would be. He could feel a darkness starting to grow within the company, a cancer of resentment and regret taking hold in their very heart.

Hopefully Ergo will guide us through this storm.

He turned from his observation position and headed to his storm eagle.

Because if he doesn't, I can't keep heading down this path. A side will be chosen and I know where my squad's loyalties lie.

"I will not suffer these traitors to live my brothers. We will stand upon these battlements and cascade pillars of the Emperor's wrath upon the vermin filth that were once our cousins! Ours is a holy purpose, given to us by the Emperor of Man!"

Around him stood some of the Imperiums finest warriors, sons of Inwit and brothers of his legion. To die amongst men of such calibre was an honour and most likely outcome of the current situation.

Jecht was a legion champion, one of the elite of the Emperor's warriors. He was a man of honour and would not lie to his men.

"The Emperor may not stand by us as he once did, but we will be the blood that is shed and the bones that will be crushed to dust to ensure that these people don't have to suffer. We will be the martyrs of His will!"

When the Retribution Fleet was stranded at Phall, it was the XIth that first tried to break through the warp storms. Upon breaking through, the battle barge was thrown deep within the storm. The damage had been irreparable, with the gellar fields burnt out and the void shields overloaded. The lower decks had been completely destroyed. Luckily, when they managed to break free they translated into clear space. The sensoria and astro-cartographers had mapped their location as the Tamarus system. It took 54 days of transition to move into orbit amongst the main world. Here, they had been welcomed as saviours.

Now they were the last hope of a dying world.

Walking the streets Jecht had encountered a young girl unconscious in a back alley. She had been beaten beyond the point of punishment but still she endured. He detected multiple fractures in her sternum and the sounds of a punctured lung was audible. He realized she was only standard 12 Terran years old. Too young, he thought. He saw that clutched in her hand was an Aquila, a tiny carved trinket out of a basic construction grade wood. He opened her hand to examine it closely and saw an inscription, "The Emperor Protects".

He looked down at the girl in his arms in wonder. He needed to get her to the Apothecaries.

-the sounds of detonations awoke him from the memory-

++Sir.++
++Yes Sergeant.++
++We have commenced bombardment against the forward trenches, will you order aerial strafing runs?++
++Yes. Ensure that the AA posts are taken out by a condensed barrage before commencing.++
++Sir may I speak freely?++
++Yes Sergeant++
++It's not your fault.++

He turned from the battlements and headed towards the gates.

++It isn't not your fault sir, please don't go throwing your life away over revenge. There are innocents here that need you alive.++

He continued towards the access panel.

++I know.++
++Then why are you going out there?++
++Don't worry, the Emperor protects Sergeant.++

I'm loving where this is going so far Jaspcat, the fluff really gives a bit of character to the overall commander of the respective companies and the setting of the current war. Joyous news though, I will be joining you soon as my own chosen legions for this Grim Dark adventure will be the: Imperial Fists, Emperor's Children, Iron Hands and World Eaters! Angron has been ordered and a new day will begin with war at its horizon!

I'm loving where this is going so far Jaspcat, the fluff really gives a bit of character to the overall commander of the respective companies and the setting of the current war. Joyous news though, I will be joining you soon as my own chosen legions for this Grim Dark adventure will be the: Imperial Fists, Emperor's Children, Iron Hands and World Eaters! Angron has been ordered and a new day will begin with war at its horizon!

its great to see ive helped you brother. I cant wait to see what you do ;) ill be watching

SAND PAPER THOSE MOULD LINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

once they are finished being assembled ill remove all the mold lines and sand the GS don't worry brother

Thank you SP I'm thinking of doing an affect table in the trench every turn for every unit in the trench roll a d6 and every unit gets affected by a different booby trap may be nothing may be a tripwire may be nerve gas

Anyway I have some more fluff and I'm finishing up some builds with the AL and IF

Sorry it's late.

Monad

The sky was opening up to the heavens above, slowly the drops of rain began to increase in speed and size. For some reason, he couldn't remember the last time he just looked at the sky.

According to the Apothecaries, severe head trauma suffered at Istvaan V was to blame. They had tried Recollection therapy, but it had failed miserably as it had actually added to the problem.

The sky was just so wide and free, going on and on and-

++554 receiving. Monad do you copy.++

He glanced at the panel on his wrist.

++This is Monad, please proceed with your status update.++

++We have encountered a minor contingent of XIIth Legion heading towards Delta Damp in the wastelands. Do you want us to make contact or engage the group? Over.++

++Do not make contact. Shadow them and obtain more data before engaging with extreme prejudice. Zero margin of error.++

++Roger. 554 out.++

The whole situation of legionary fighting legionary filled him with disgust. Something, somewhere inside him, never failed to twist his guts whenever he strayed towards the thought. It just felt... wrong.

He removed his helm and inhaled the bitter sweet taste of the droplets falling around him. The rain felt good, cleansing even.

Monad went to put his helm back on and almost dropped it in surprise. For a brief second, he could have swore that the colors on his armor changed, momentarily flickering to something darker. It was over as fast as it happened. Resolving to keep it to himself, he resealed his helmet and continued on with the job at hand.

Saresk

"Saresk, brother what's wrong?"

The Sand Scorpion turned his head from surveying the empty horizon, "Something's out there, watching us."

"Alpha legion or fists?"

"Doesn't smell like fists."

Taron laughed at this. His brother should have been a Night Lord or Space Wolf with the way his predatory senses were honed to a razor's edge. Very rarely did anything escape his nose.

"Do the Alpha Legion make good sport?"

Saresk turned to look at Taron, and showed a mouthful of sharpened teeth in what could loosely be called a wolf's grin.

Taron noticed the usual gleam that entered Saresk's eyes at the prospect of a good fight. It was the usual glazed look of the Nails, but rather something more... primeval and feral. The mark of a true killer.

"Very good. We'll continue west while you go have fun. Meet us at Rendezvous Point Alpha. And stay in vox range this time."

"No promises that I'll respond."

Taron grinned himself at the usual impertinence. More than once, he and his squad had to turn around retrueve the Sand Scorpion from continuing a hunt too far into enemy territory, sometimes farther than even the Nails would carry Angron it seemed on a few occasions.

"Just remember, not too much killing. They're supposed to be our allies."

"I promise I will be on my best behavior."

They grasped each others gauntlets in the sign of unity and both came in close

"That's what I'm worried about." Taron said with a smile.

Okay quick question

IF got the proto MKvi from mars as the schism happened. Was that before or after the retribution fleet left?

If it's before they left I could field some mk vi with my IF which means more conversion possibilities

Archived