Lysander

War Beast

Here's the two rough concepts I've come up with, taking your feedback into account. Note that I'd like to try Whirlwinds first before I switch to TFCs. Please comment and help me refine my concept. Both options are for 1500.

Option 1:

Lysander/Hammernators/Redeemer

4 Lasbacks with Flamer Combat Squads

3 Whirlwinds (or 2 Thunderfires)

Option 2:

Lysander/Shootynators

3 Full Rhino Tac Squads with Teleport Homers

Las Devs in a las ADL

2 Whirlwinds (or 1 Thunderfire)

Option 1 has a lot more threat. Armour saturation. Hammernators ( where IMO Lysander is more effective). A laindraider. More horde control. Mobile low AP. Only negative compared to option two is lack of sky fire interceptor. But if you've got that covered in rest of list, I'd definitely take option 1. Aggressive!

I think a land raider or drop pod is pretty essential for Lyssander. He is a lot of points that needs to be closer to the enemy. He is too expensive to stroll across the battlefield on foot. 

Hes got terminator armor... he can deep strike.

Lysander + 5 assault termies (2-3 hammernators) + stormraven with extra armor. As killy as a vanilla deathstar can get. Use turns 1-3 to pop transports and destroy skyfire units, and then get a near guaranteed 3rd or 4th turn charge against whatever you like. 

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: a chapter master with terminator armor, power fist, and shield eternal comes out at exact same points cost as lysander, while also having orbital bombardment, an extra attack, indomitable will, plus allowing you to take whichever chapter tactics you prefer (iron hands, white scars, even ultramarines tactics would make him even nastier). A captain with same gear comes out at 180 pts, considerably cheaper than lysander, which is a budget version of the same thing.

Archived