Winter is coming...for the Fallen!

bdawalt

While neat, does this actually herald something or have another purpose? It almost seems like an announcement of some kind.

"Winter is Coming" doesn't really fit the Unforgiven as a slogan. I also agree with Archangel, the wings don't really fit.

While neat, does this actually herald something or have another purpoe? It almost seems like an announcement of some kind.

"Winter is Coming" doesn't really fit the Unforgiven as a slogan. I also agree with Archangel, the wings don't really fit.

Its from a Song of Ice and Fire (more commonly known as HBO's Game of Thrones). Its a play off  the house banners that are in the book. So its just a fan creation mixing their love of two different universes as one. From the link: Daxxglaxx over at "But We Walk Alone in Fear" has put together these great Game of Thrones style 40K Legion Banners.

No, I get that, I've read the entire series (and get seriously tired of people referring to it as "Game of Thrones", because that's not the name of the series).

I meant that the way this was posted, it seemed like an announcement or that there was something more to be attached to it (like an army based on the banner, etc).

and get seriously tired of people referring to it as "Game of Thrones", because that's not the name of the series

...and I thought it was just me..... smile.png

"Game of Thrones" is a lot easier to say than "A Song of Ice and Fire" when bringing it up to someone who has not read the series or knows it only through HBO.

And yet one title shows the actual content behind the series, while the other simply addresses the easier part of the plot. I know which I prefer. Besides, we're nerds, since when has the easy way been acceptable? biggrin.png

Touché biggrin.png

Archived