The Book Of The Lion.......

The Milkman Of Baal

Just got The Book of the Lion from BL, the short stories are great and shed some nice little bits about the way the unforgiven function. one question though, I'm 2/3rds of the way through The Eye Of Terror, so far the story has absolutely NOTHING to do with space marines let alone the 1st legion, I know I haven't finished it yet but I’m tempted not to and crack on with ravenwing, my question is to those who have read it, is there any point to it. Cheers. Oh yeah DEATH TO THE TRAITORS FAITH IS MY SHIELD FOR THE EMPEROR AND THE LION BROTHERS!!! (You never know who's watching)

if that story is the same im thinking about (eye of terror, by barrington j. bayley), later in the story there are dark angels in it.

i would say more but i have no idea on how the spoiler thingy works, and im aware on how some people are paranoid about said spoilers whistlingW.gif

Isn't Eye of Terror one of those weird old classics, though? Like Ian Watson's Inquisition Wars and Space Marine...?

I've been wanting to read it. The older novels tap into that old, twisted 2nd edition vibe that I love so much. Today's "grimdark" has nothing on the John Blanche-soaked settings of previous decades.

Isn't Eye of Terror one of those weird old classics, though? Like Ian Watson's Inquisition Wars and Space Marine...?

I've been wanting to read it. The older novels tap into that old, twisted 2nd edition vibe that I love so much. Today's "grimdark" has nothing on the John Blanche-soaked settings of previous decades.

I think it's kinda in between...   It is one of the very first "new" novels when the BL started up...

If you want to utilise the boards spoiler script all you need to is surround your next with the spoiler tag:

[spoiler]spoiler items here[/spoiler]

found in the dropdown list when clicking the 'listy' looking icon 3rd along the top from the left that you see when writing your posts. Or you can just type it as shown above straight into your posts.

msn-wink.gif

Try Ebay first.  They are not worth what BL is wanting for them...  especially The Book of the Lion.  $30 for two shorts and an oop book that barely mentions the DA...

Book of the Lion consists of 2 of the shorts found in the anthology "Deathwing" and the complete book "Eye of Terror"

I'm considering of buying the Book of the Lion and its companion Angels of Darkness to add to my collection of DA literature. Any suggestions from those of you who have read them? 

Angels of Darkness is a good book, very solid. Also the prequel to Ravenwing. Even though many people missed the point of the book, and even today are filling the Internet with misinformation, I do think the book is a must for any DA collector.

I also have the Book of the Lion, but I haven't really started on it yet so can't comment on that front.

Try Ebay first.  They are not worth what BL is wanting for them...  especially The Book of the Lion.  $30 for two shorts and an oop book that barely mentions the DA...

Book of the Lion consists of 2 of the shorts found in the anthology "Deathwing" and the complete book "Eye of Terror"

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try there first. $30 does seem steep. 

I'm considering of buying the Book of the Lion and its companion Angels of Darkness to add to my collection of DA literature. Any suggestions from those of you who have read them? 

Angels of Darkness is a good book, very solid. Also the prequel to Ravenwing. Even though many people missed the point of the book, and even today are filling the Internet with misinformation, I do think the book is a must for any DA collector.

I also have the Book of the Lion, but I haven't really started on it yet so can't comment on that front.

I enjoyed Ravenwing. I also got the eshort Reparation by Andy Smilliewith a couple extra dollars on my itunes account and it was a fun little read. 

Edit:  I retract my statement...  The comics do boost the value a bit...  Terror of Death is a good one and Ravenwing is kinda interesting.  The two shorts I was referring to are "Deathwing" and "Unforgiven"  I didnt realise those others were in there.

CONTENTS

• Deathwing
  • The Black Pearl
  • Unforgiven
  • Malediction
  • Easy Prey
  • Eye of Terror
  • Deathwing: The Comic
  • Ravenwing: The Comic
  • The Terror of Death: The Comic

(feels shame, goes to sit in chamber 42 for 4 minutes.)

So what your saying is that BL is reprinting old work, adding something new but unrelated and charging 225% more than its worth?

Try Ebay first. They are not worth what BL is wanting for them... especially The Book of the Lion. $30 for two shorts and an oop book that barely mentions the DA...

So what your saying is that BL is reprinting old work, adding something new but unrelated and charging 225% more than its worth?

sounds normal to me whistlingW.gif

I don't own it but I've seen it. Its a thick book. And I'd say you're saving over tracking all the original sources down - even on eBay.

I really want to read Ravenwing. The only time I had the money to buy it in hand and went to my local GW Bunker to buy it, they didn't have it in stock. :(

Archived