C:SM update for DA

Asmodai Asmodean

Nope, and I actually hope they don't. Sorry

Why is that? 

Well, if Dark Angels must have a separate codex, might as well make it more distinct from the vanilla one. Hence the extra termie/bike units and options and the unique vehicles.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Blood/Dark Angels got access to Grav Guns, since they're reliant on the Tactical Squad box set for the core of their armies.

Fluffwise, I'd say that since the Dark Angels are already so proficient with heavy infantry and anti-heavy infantry weaponry that they'd be reluctant to waste resources on maintaining/creating slightly different heavy infantry/anti-heavy infantry weaponry.

Thanks Rev.

I'd just like them to FAQ/modify a few of our units to make them more viable and balanced (both internally and externally) and I like that there are a few differences between dexes...oh, that and I cannot wish more badness toward the Centurions' designer ;)

There's stuff in there that  would be effective on the tabletop, but there's nothing in there that screams "why didn't we get that?" If I'm going to be cherry-picking items from other codexes that I want DA to have, C:UM is not the place I'd start.  I'd be far more interested in some broadsides and vendettas!

So then the new units from C:SM don't particularly interest you, Stobz? Even if you were able to use the units/equipment with a C:DA army?

I'm with March on that one. The only thing in C:SM that I like and that we don't get is the new Hunter. I say that because I love the model (I have a thing for guns that look like they could shoot a hole in the moon, even if it is a launcher not a laser), the rules are simply 'ok' and neither are enough for me to want to use C:SM as an ally or that we need in our dex.

As I said in earlier topics, I'd really like our Nephilm to get better Blacksword missiles in a FAQ. That would make me buy three overnight and would fix 90% of what is wrong with our dex competitively.

biggrin.png

stobz

So then the new units from C:SM don't particularly interest you, Stobz? Even if you were able to use the units/equipment with a C:DA army? 

I'm with March on that one. The only thing in C:SM that I like and that we don't get is the new Hunter. I say that because I love the model (I have a thing for guns that look like they could shoot a hole in the moon, even if it is a launcher not a laser), the rules are simply 'ok' and neither are enough for me to want to use C:SM as an ally or that we need in our dex.

As I said in earlier topics, I'd really like our Nephilm to get better Blacksword missiles in a FAQ. That would make me buy three overnight and would fix 90% of what is wrong with our dex competitively.

:D

stobz

I'm Master Avoghai and I approve this message.

don't want it happening. Otherwise, lets give Black Knights to all the Space Marine codexes including CSM.

After scoring bikes, scoring termies, tactical plasma cannons, and the mortis dreadnought (THAT WE DIDN'T GET), you are on thin ice with your jest...

don't want it happening. Otherwise, lets give Black Knights to all the Space Marine codexes including CSM.

As if we haven't given enough to C:SMurfs already.

Honestly, I'd say its time for some payback.

Although they can keep those centurions.

There are a few things I'd like from c:SM, like, just off the top of my head, apothecaries w/ 2 CCW and cheaper Scouts. Some nonsense in our codex was redressed in the SM book, and I don't think it unreasonable to hope that might be looked at in a future FAQ.

We'll get the grav guns in our next codex, mark my words, but not until then. Hopefully never for the godawful centurions.

You have to give to get...  Are you willing to give up scoring Termies?  Rad grenades? Stasis grenade/bombs?  If we want their unique tech then we have to share ours too...   then why are we in a different book.   Let them keep theirs and I'll keep my divergent codex thank you.

The trade offs are about equal and as said, there isnt anything in the blue book I want.  What I want is a weapon to kill flyers dead and whadya know?  It is in the main rulebook where everyone can use it called a quad gun...

I agree with most people here, unlike last time a new SM codex came out, we're in a good place with our codex. The only thing I want from them is the Storm talon and Storm Raven. But that's more because I really like the look of those models :P. Though now that a vehicle has skyfire and armor bane I'm now in the camp to put armor bane on black sword missiles. 

And as an aside, the centurion models look 100 times better if you put a normal SM helmet on them. For some reason the designer decided to make their helmet just slightly bigger than a normal one, which doesn't really make sense.

Do you think GW is going to publish an update for DA so we can use grav guns and centurions? 

Centurions? No. Grav guns? Probably.  When? Who knows.

I am looking forward to getting Hunter/Stalker tanks in 7th Edition...

Edit: For those of you who remember, it was over two years after the publication of C:SM 5th ed that DA to got a FAQ to update things like Storm Shields.

Yeah, I echo the same thoughts as the majority of long time DA players. Four years from now we'll probably get Grav weaponry and the Hunter/Stalker and that's it because those are the only things that seem generic and wide spread enough to spill into the next C:DA.

I'd love to have a Storm Raven but since we didn't get it this go around its pretty safe to say we won't ever. But that leaves an opening to expand our list next time our Codex comes up - a DA specific troop transport flyer. You never know - the trend currently is to add new units every go around.

But I don't lust after other people's toys. I like the DA's doing their own thing.

There's always the Storm Eagle.  Basically a flying Land Raider that can carry a full 10 man unit of Terminators.

I could live without a codex flying transport if they would just fix the rules for our current flyers.

There are a few things I'd like from c:SM, like, just off the top of my head, apothecaries w/ 2 CCW and cheaper Scouts. Some nonsense in our codex was redressed in the SM book, and I don't think it unreasonable to hope that might be looked at in a future FAQ.

We'll get the grav guns in our next codex, mark my words, but not until then. Hopefully never for the godawful centurions.

I meant to ask this in my last post... Are Scouts cheaper in C:SM or are the 12pts like ours? I was under the impression they were the same as ours.

And I get why they made them 12 points. Anything much less than that and they'd become the "auto choice" that cultists have become and I don't want that.

I meant to ask this in my last post... Are Scouts cheaper in C:SM or are the 12pts like ours? I was under the impression they were the same as ours.

And I get why they made them 12 points. Anything much less than that and they'd become the "auto choice" that cultists have become and I don't want that.

C:SM Scouts are cheaper AND they have Chapter Tactics.

C:SM Scouts are cheaper AND they have Chapter Tactics.

But they have to pay for sniper rifles, we don't.

Archived