New Devotee

Flawless

Greetings All

I am a long time Fantasy Player with a large collection of Orcs and Goblins, however lately I have been struggling to find some regular opponents as most seem to play 40k nowdays. As a result I have been looking into starting up a Chaos Warband and stumbled across The Flawless Host and fell in love with the colour scheme and upon further research Slaanesh in general.

I look forward to gaining your tactical insights and assistance with building a Slaaneshi warband.

Cheers

Not familiar with tactics...but if its creepy, has tentacles, gender neutral, asymmetrical, and is colored pink or purple then do it. Don't neglect some of those Warhammer Fantasy models to kit-bash with the 40k ones, they look great, especially for Chaos.

From a modelling point of view I plan on keeping the mutations to a minimum level, with only the Enhanced Warrior squad (playing Bile) having some conversions, my plan for this squad is to make them "true scale" so they appear larger then the rest of the army. The colour scheme however is a warm pink and purple colour so that will fit in nicely. How can Power Armoured Marines be Gender Neutral?

From a modelling point of view I plan on keeping the mutations to a minimum level, with only the Enhanced Warrior squad (playing Bile) having some conversions, my plan for this squad is to make them "true scale" so they appear larger then the rest of the army. The colour scheme however is a warm pink and purple colour so that will fit in nicely. How can Power Armoured Marines be Gender Neutral?

Not the marines in their power armor themselves of course. But if you include daemons, or depending on what kinds of mutation. I was just rattling off Slaaneshian aspects really teehee.gif

As far as I know, Daemons don't have a particular specialty that CSM lack. So it would be up to you, if you had a direction in mind for your Warband you can have some Daemons to counter-balance a lacking area or to bolster an existing one. If you choose to have any.

Basically, the best way to get things set up with a slaanesh army these days is a 2 part set up. Shooting and assaulting.

5 man noise marine squads with blastmasters and obliterators should provide great fire power. Since the marines basically can't move, and have limited turtle ability, you'll need an assault part as well.

20 daemonettes and a herald make up an amazing assault team. A soul grinder of slaanesh can put out some pain in assault mode. Bikers and spawn are always strong players from C:CSM. Seekers seem to be hard to make points back with from what I read. Never tested them myself.

There are a few things worth mentioning. 1 is that daemons as a primary codex easily beats chaos marines. 2 is that this list doesn't need a helldrake as badly as other lists do, as noise marines target the same units. 3 is that this list is not very good vs fliers. An ADL could help mitigate that, and the fact that the meta has shifted away from fliers lately might help as well.

Archived