For the Lion!

Spaniard

Brother,

I think we all need to step back a little and say censored.gif: the regular space marines. We are the best and that's that. I believe we have the best fluff and the best army. I don't agree with any one of us that wants to ally with any vanilla marine. I have yet to actually look through thier codex, but I don't need to. I'm more than happy with what we got. If Lion EL Jonson was awake and saw some of the jealously that is in this part of the forum he would look down on it. So to the brothers that are staying true to the Dark Angels I say stay true and good things will come and to the nay Sayers, I say screw you.

On another note is it bad if you like to put a plasma cannon in every tactical squad and make sure you put at least 2 squad of black knight in every army list. At least the ones that are near 2000 points.

Posted · Hidden by Brother Tyler, September 27, 2013 - Double post
Hidden by Brother Tyler, September 27, 2013 - Double post

Brothers,

I think we all need to step back a little and say f**k the regular space marines. We are the best and that's that. I believe we have the best fluff and the best army. I don't agree with any one of us that wants to ally with any vanilla marine. I have yet to actually look through thier codex, but I don't need to. I'm more than happy with what we got. If Lion EL Jonson was awake and saw some of the jealously that is in this part of the forum he would look down on it. So to the brothers that are staying true to the Dark Angels I say stay true and good things will come and to the nay Sayers, I say screw you.

On another note is it bad if you like to put a plasma cannon in every tactical squad and make sure you put at least 2 squad of black knight in every army list. At least the ones that are near 2000 points.

A thread so nice you posted it twice, eh? wink.png

As a wargamer there's always a fine line between building the best list and staying true to the force you wish to represent.

Sure this is sci-fi and not ancient or medieval historical gaming, but the fluff equals history in this case (at least for me). Yeah, rules may change and fluff may come and go etc. It's a wargame. It's for fun. If you pick a side/team/chapter etc then you build your army accordingly to the rules for that army. If you want another army, then do so for that one, etc.

Dark Angels are Dark Angels, no matter how they're codexed. We should respect that.

As for plasma tactical squads, I use them in my own post-heresy lists and I'm happy with them. Haven't used Black Knights yet, so I can't give an opinion there.

For the Lion!

Sorry about the double post. I'm on my iPad, my wife is hogging the computer. It asked me to resubmit so I pressed yes and now I don't know how to delete the other post.

As to what you have said Archangel, I agree dark angels are dark angels no matter what. I think I'm just tired of seeing so many post about them having a better codex then us. I perosnnely don't believe that I think we a weaker codex. As the player you just need to be more open minded when it comes to the strategy, of how we play the dark angels.

People who claim DA is weaker codex have not understood the finesse of C:DA. They focus the weak aspect and not the strong aspects. Claiming that you need to use really expensive model (point wise and cash wise) to unlock scoring bikes and that model cannot join any other unit, yes but they forget Azrael does the same and unlocks scoring termies. And little things like that. Weaker codex... Let me laugh, I wrapped with 4th edition Codex more than plenty victories against 5th edition "stronger" codexes. Army is only as strong as its commander. People who claim C:DA is seriously weaker than the C:SM do not either know how to play the game or are just trolling. I don't claim C:DA is stronger than C:SM, usually strongest codex is newest but it can hold its own against all current codexes and ones that are still coming. We are the First, we are the sons of the Lion we are the Unforgiven and we are stubborn!

I'll always play Dark Angels but no amount of pride is going to stop me from looking at the really neat stuff GW did with the new C:SM with a little bit of envy. You won't see me switching over but I really wish that the Dark Angel equivalent of SM's toys were more reasonably priced or useable.

For example: I'd love to take either Ravenwing fighter jet but there's just no way to make the points work - the Storm Talon can be used though. I'd love to build an army around Dreadnought's but there are no options for close combat variants like C:SM's Ironclad.

I don't at all want DA to be exactly like C:SM, I just feel in terms of the quantity of choice, we got a whole lot less.

Brother,

I think we all need to step back a little and say censored.gif: the regular space marines. We are the best and that's that. I believe we have the best fluff and the best army. I don't agree with any one of us that wants to ally with any vanilla marine. I have yet to actually look through thier codex, but I don't need to. I'm more than happy with what we got. If Lion EL Jonson was awake and saw some of the jealously that is in this part of the forum he would look down on it. So to the brothers that are staying true to the Dark Angels I say stay true and good things will come and to the nay Sayers, I say screw you.

http://i.imgur.com/xX6xyYf.gif

Its a grass is always greener syndrome. It happens with every new codex, but to make a thread that says, basically, "screw the people who want to play SM instead of DA" is a bit over the top don't you think?

Its a grass is always greener syndrome. It happens with every new codex, but to make a thread that says, basically, "screw the people who want to play SM instead of DA" is a bit over the top don't you think?

It's not too far from threads that say the DA codex is screwed. I read it as an opinion, not as a personal attack. Like sports fans of different teams. They don't really hate each other... okay, maybe Dallas and Philadelphia football fans do, but other than that... turned.gif

The codex is what you can make of it. At the end of the game it's what you can do with what you have. I've seen poor armies with great generals beat the crap out of presumably better armies with so-so generals. There's no harm in having a little pride in your army.

I'm not saying he shouldn't post a thread like this. There's room enough for everyone's opinion on this board :)

But he literally said this: 

So to the brothers that are staying true to the Dark Angels I say stay true and good things will come and to the nay Sayers, I say screw you.

I think its a little over the top to say "screw you" to someone that has a different opinion, thats all.

I know he "literally" said it. I read his first post. I suppose my skin is a bit thicker because I don't take it so seriously. I interpret it differently by the implied intent and not the exact letter of it.

Words are not always white and black. Except on the screen. geek.gif

Eh its not about taking it seriously or thick skin. Its the fact that in real life you wouldn't say screw you to someone with a different opinion. I don't think its appropriate for this board. If I'm in the minority cool I'll pipe down.

We all see/read things differently according to our experiences. I hear screwy talk aimed in my own direction from time to time so I'm a little desensitized. A lot of things in life aren't "right" but I'm not going to let myself be offended by someone else's emotional outburst. I try to communicate as best I can with people. If someone just keeps on with anger etc, then I'll agree its pointless and shouldn't be here on this board. The OP hasn't replied again yet.

You don't have to "pipe down" either. We're all allowed our own opinions. All I said previously was how I took it to mean. I just focused on the pride in one's army angle, i.e. how some gamers may feel about the army they play. I'm no more right than anyone else.

No hard feelings meant. Let's save that for the game table. wink.png

Actually in celebration of the new C:SM I started a DA army. Truth be told I think the DA's are a fine codex and the only thing that worried me a bit about C:SM is the named Ultramarines Psyker and Grav Weapons. I don't feel like White Scars have that big of an advantage outside of Grav. (Yes, they have bigger squads and some nice rules, but I'd still prefer DA any day) and overall, I think DAs are on even footing when it comes to CSM

Elphio,

Your right it is my opinion, but it is my strong opinion and not matter what anyone can tell me about the new codex's I'm going to stick by my guns. The line screw you was not meant as something personnel though it does show on this post who has soft skin. Either way you look at this post I think it's true, you do need to have a bit of finesse capblitlies when it comes to playing dark angels. I have leaned that playing full ravenwing armies, which I'm happy to 8 of ten games go really well until a couple of held rakes show up and I forgot to put something anti in my army.

The Dark Angles have always been, and will always be, then most interesting army in 40k. For me, at least. I make now judgement on which codex is weaker or stronger. I support the opinion that an army is only as good as its commander, but sometimes the game can be a little unbalanced. That being said, I didn't see anything that can be construed as "over-powered" in the C:SM codex that we are missing out on. 

Exactly, we aren't missing out on anything. The dark angels have thier own unique qualities that make them very good army. I love the idea of putting different units on the field to work perfectly together to have your opponent wondering what's going on. By then it's too late cause the damage has been done.

@ elphilo - you quoted The Dude in a thread, you immediately win the moral high ground.

@ Spaniard - it's not about who has thicker skin, it's about being polite in a public forum. If you say "screw you" to someone simply for holding a different, and equally valid, opinion, you have lost your moral standpoint simply by being unable to construct a viable argument.

Archived