New Dark Elves => Chaotic goodness?

Kierdale

Looking at the new Dark Elves I thought how some of them could be converted into lovely Chaos models, particularly as supporters of the Prince of Excess.

The Sisters of Slaughter (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440049a&prodId=prod2250008a) could make for some excellent Slanneshi cultists (just throw some pistols in their hands or holsters on hips/thighs). Those masks are fantastic.

And the new Cauldron of Blood (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440048a&prodId=prod2250012a)...

My first -hideously Xenos-heretical thought- was 'cut those joints, reposition and GS them: new Eldar Avatar? Too small?'...

And my second thought was 'Fallen/Corrupted Avatar'....Demon Prince!

Not being a Dark Elf -or even a WHFB (anymore)- player I can't really comment on that aspect of the new minis...nor would that be appropriate to the B&C (I don't want the mods shutting down this thread).

I was thinking of their use as bitz or conversions for 40K Chaos, particularly Slanneshi, armies. ;)

I think thry are fantastic, I'm drooling over that shrine, daemon prince and forge fiend corrupted LR in one kit!

The sisters I think ill kit bash into. CC noise marines, which i run. There pricey, but the masks and heads alone are worth it imo.

Looking forward to seeing some conversions!

I think thry are fantastic, I'm drooling over that shrine, daemon prince and forge fiend corrupted LR in one kit!

The sisters I think ill kit bash into. CC noise marines, which i run. There pricey, but the masks and heads alone are worth it imo.

Looking forward to seeing some conversions!

May also consider using some of the Dark Eldar models (maybe some warrior heads on Wych bodies?) since they're basically futuristic Dark Elves and already have the right gear for the most part, and I know for a fact that you can find all kinds of decadent masks in that line.

I am tempted with the idea of using the witches/sisters as Daemonettes. I  have twenty of the plastic daemonettes but they lack the visual appeal I want for a Slaaneshi entity (that and I am having difficulty allocating the previous edition metal Daemonettes)

Using them for Cultists, a skierdale is a great idea too.

That cauldron also seems to have a handful of goodies too. That Medusa thing would be a good looking Daemon Princess.

The Deldar have an amazing range, but those masks in the delves box are something special :)

If you have enough daemonettes and enough time, consider this amazing conversion;

http://forum.emperorschildren.net/viewtopic.php?t=3037&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=c3b36ee003c4c83fdaec5ffef6e1f128

Im planning on Noise Marine units based on these daemonette torso conversions, using parts from teh FW Kakophic range, once I get paid for my last contract :/

Those masks will be a great addition to any Slaaneshi army. Now I am wondering about using those on the marines. While checking out those sisters I've also thought of using two of the horns as the exhaust ports on a Noise Champs backpack. A silly idea I want to try out.

That conversion is also cool. I would rather see the Daemonette torso encase a bit more inside the marine one. Just cut up the marine's torso front to expose it more.

Lastly, I've been thinking about using Khaine from the cauldron as an avatar for my Eldar Corsairs.whistlingW.gif

It has been evident since day one that Dark Elves correlate to Dark Eldar. But these new Dark Elves? As cool as they look...they are literally the old Dark Eldar with the lasers and splinter weapons taken away and given more swords and shields, that is all. Here they re-use part of the old Incubus mold for the helmet http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=5164&d=1380528147

I do still think they're cool looking, just rolling my eyes at the shameless similarities, Dark Eldar players used bits of Dark Elves for conversions before this with no problem lol, now they come pre-converted.

Archived