What is considered to be the best Landraider?

Ishagu

I continue to favor the original Mk III (Phobos). With the Crusader and redeemer, your tactics will be obvious to your opponent. With the Mk III you can choose to run up on the enemy or not. It can provide long-ranged fire support (two TL lascannon against enemy armor and tough units and TL heavy bolter for softening up lighter units). I also favor the Helios as a sort of "Razorback" to the Phobos as a "Rhino" (sacrificing some transport ability for more firepower).

The Proteus and Prometheus are also among my favorites.

At my local gaming club someone recently used the Whirlwing Scorpius...

It was so effective and overpowered that everyone has agreed to never allow any FW stuff again lol :-(

At my local gaming club someone recently used the Whirlwing Scorpius...

It was so effective and overpowered that everyone has agreed to never allow any FW stuff again lol :-(

Was that the experimental rules? Tell them to not be so stingy. FW does a great job of nerfing things down a bit or overcosting them a tad with the official rules. Or you know, they could run more 2+ armor models or AV14 tanks.

Let's not turn this into another FW debate. Some people believe the rules are fine, some believe they are over powered, whilst others feel they are too often changing and ill balanced in places to be considered truly balanced, but have no problem playing against them anyway.

Archived