No more Power fist and combi-weapon sergeant, no more gunsli

Stormshadow

"Ranged weapons...
A model can replace his bolt pistol and/or Melee weapon with one of the following...."

"Melee Weapon....
A model can replace his bolt pistol and/or Melee weapon with one of the following...."

So a sergeant with a bolt pistol and bolt gun can no longer get  2 Melee
weapons, 2 range weapons or one melee and one ranged? They only have the
bolt pistol to trade?

Yes i know, but doesn't this go against the fundamentals of buying upgrades? You buy everything at the same time? To prevent illegal opting in previous codex's/editions?

I rely rely hope that i am wrong and you are right! But why couldn't GW just say that he came with a pistol and ccw instead of gun and ccw... Stupid GW sad.png

Yes i know, but doesn't this go against the fundamentals of buying

upgrades? You buy everything at the same time? To prevent illegal opting

in previous codex's/editions?

I rely rely hope that i am wrong and you are right! But why couldn't GW just say that he came with a

pistol and ccw instead of gun and ccw... Stupid GW sad.png

The specifically added in the bolt pistol to chainsword option for bikers so no. For Codex Space Marine it is perfectly legal.

Hmm... I hope you are right.

The only real rule about buying upgrades is that models that have different names (such as the apothecary) can not buy upgrades that would conflict with his own weapon choices. You can't give him a plasma gun and then upgrade because then you would have an illegal choice. If you so wanted to you could buy a thunder hammer and then replace that with a relic. You never would but you could.

The only real rule about buying upgrades is that models that have different names (such as the apothecary) can not buy upgrades that would conflict with his own weapon choices. You can't give him a plasma gun and then upgrade because then you would have an illegal choice. If you so wanted to you could buy a thunder hammer and then replace that with a relic. You never would but you could.

Sorry, how is this different from what we're doing with bike special weapons and Sergeants?

Sorry, how is this different from what we're doing with bike special weapons and Sergeants?

A sergeant has a list of options all to himself so he breaks nothing. You can buy any upgrade, and as long as another option allows you to trade that out for another weapon it's fine. An Apothecary in a command squad is not a veteran so if he buys something as a "veteran" then upgrades to an apothecary he would now be illegal because apothecaries are not allowed access to most command squad upgrades. A sergeant however always has the same options regardless of weapons he holds. Again GW faq'd bikes to be able to trade bolt pistols for chainswords just so they were able to take their upgrades.

Archived