Silver Space Marine

olekkkkk

Mini painted as a colour scheme test. Original idea was silver armour with golden shoulder pads. Green details add some color + red base for contrast.http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DwLXoJWb3Vc/UkdApWwadVI/AAAAAAAAAWU/2IDikSU1_CA/s1600/SilverBladesSample1.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wqCUwSmSquA/UkdAzLgkOXI/AAAAAAAAAWg/V6rMZ3_2WKM/s1600/SilverBladesSample3.JPG

Huh...that's actually pretty bad ass. The green is just the right shade to mimic patina, which I would've actually thought to be a problem if I hadn't seen it painted up. Funny what you can accomplish when you stray from the pure reds yellows and blues into wonkier shades smile.png

The painting itself is exquisite. Is this all done by brush, or did you use an airbrush? The metal in particular seems way too smooth to have been done by bristles biggrin.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for comments.

Unfortunately this one marine will be not repainted. I must agree about the "green" - it didn't work, but I like Firepowers idea about patina.

Silver armour was airbrushed, everything else was made by brush.

I like it - I can understand the green being a little wishy washy, but it's a lovely contrast of colours and would be very unique to see as an army on the battlefield compared to blues and reds etc.

I do think that if you NMM'd the silver up slightly, this would look even more awesome :)

I thought the silver was NMM. Beautiful model, brother. I kinda like the colour combination and the style is one not often seen to be explored - I've seen brash colour schemes, messy colour schemes, hell, even attempts at a cel-shaded colour scheme. Suffice to say, it's pretty. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived