LGS League review

Redempter Sanguine

In the army list section a week or so ago, I posted a list for a "tournament" league that my LGS is running.  It's more of an introductory course for 6th Ed. for those of us that have been out of the hobby for a while, but what fun would it be without the possibility of bragging rights?!?  General army setup is:  1st month is a 500 point list, 2nd month is 750 points (both allied force detachment rules, run on a 4x4 table), 3rd and final month is 1000 points standard force organization army (no allies for the duration).

Managed to get both of my games in on the last day of the month, which also happened to be the very last day to make sure that my points would count for the tracking lol!  1st game was against a fellow Dark Angels player, running a Deathwing squad w/Belial and 5 man scout squad w/2 snipers.  Won this game rather handedly (due in part to the dice gods favoring me HEAVILY on my overwatch rolls with plasma!).  The game was rather straightforward, mission was to claim one objective and kill one squad.  5 points could be won per game, tabled the opponent for max points! 5-0...1st game in 6th edition a rousing success!

2nd game...not so much....  My opponent this time was a Tyranid player running a large (8-9 models) Warrior brood with a squad of genestealers.  Mission was to claim 2 objectives.  The stealers fell rather quickly to the combined fire of my plasma cannon and command squad.  Then the warriors made their way across the table.  Overwatch proved to be primarily useless this time around.  First point that I learned from this game:  don't charge your bikes into a squad that vastly outnumbers you in size and attacks.  Hit and run only works if you survive combat.  2nd point:  don't forget about your damn librarian!  I can't say how many times I realized that if I had remembered to activate my psychic power, it could have drastically altered the outcome (although the one time I did remember, failed due to shadow of the warp...grrr...).  Game came down to 6th turn, only 2 remaining models on the board are my Librarian HQ and his Warrior Prime HQ...and the game ends.  No additional turns rolled.  Walked (limped? dragged the corpses of my battle-brothers?) away with the win 1-0.

Currently ranked 7th overall (out of 30) for the first month...ahead of me are Chaos (marines and daemons), Tau, Eldar, Necrons, and one very lucky Ork player.  Will be working on the 750 point list ideas to post over in the army lists asap.  Finding 6th Ed. very interesting, especially coming off of 4th...lots of changes, some for the better, some for the "meh"...overall though I am liking it.

Thoughts for dealing with those particular armies?  I remember having lots of trouble against my buddy's Eldar list previously, but I've also heard that Tau (filthy xenos) are an army to watch out for...thoughts?  Speculations?  Your own experience dealing with them?

C and C is always welcome!

More batreps to follow (in more detail as I hopefully won't have both games on the same day, thus having less to try and remember)!

Archived