Tac Squad and Special Weapons

Jostal

Can you take two special weapons now? Or still just one special and/or one heavy per 10 man squad?

Ive been interpretting it as 10 man tac = 1 special, 1 Heavy. Ive read in places that tac squads can now have two special weapons, but the codex doesn't seem to explain it that way. Thoughts?

The second and third bullet points. I can see where this can be slightly confusing, so here's an explanation:

Point 1: If the squad size is less than 10, then one model can take a special weapon.

Point 2: If the squad size is equal to 10, then one model can take a special weapon and one model can take a heavy weapon.

The squad size can only be one or the other: 10, or less than 10. Depending on the squad size, you have one of two options listed: either 1 special, or 1 special & 1 heavy.

Get it?

Basically, it's only through willful negligence and ignoring of rules that one can get two special weapons. Cheating, I mean. msn-wink.gif

Depends which codex the Tactical Squad comes from:

- Codex Space Marines allows either 1 special or 1 heavy if the squad numbers less than 10, whilst a 10 man squad may have 1 special and/or 1 heavy.

- Codex Dark Angels is the same.

- Codex Blood Angels is 1 special and/or 1 heavy if the squad numbers 10.

(not strictly a tactical squad but also...)

- Codex Space Wolves (Grey Hunters) is 1 special if less than 10, whilst a 10 man may have 2 specials.

In all cases a Sergeant (or attached Wolf Guard) can take a Combi-weapon for another 1 shot special weapon.

Depends which codex the Tactical Squad comes from:

- Codex Space Marines allows either 1 special or 1 heavy if the squad numbers less than 10, whilst a 10 man squad may have 1 special and/or 1 heavy.

- Codex Dark Angels is the same.

Oh Dam13n, I'm disappointed in you. cry.gif Codex: Dark Angels clearly says a squad numbering less* than 10 models may take a special or heavy weapon.

Should be 'fewer' but hey, it's GW. dry.png

So you'd rather the tac squad sprues didnt come with all the options on it to make a tactical squad? Did you perhaps miss the last 20 years of anger whenever GW brought out a squad without all the options in it?

I'm not saying that, brother, simply that I wish the marines themselves were able to carry the combi weapons. Make the Ranged Weapons list available to at least one of the marines.

So you'd rather the tac squad sprues didnt come with all the options on it to make a tactical squad? Did you perhaps miss the last 20 years of anger whenever GW brought out a squad without all the options in it?

I'm not saying that, brother, simply that I wish the marines themselves were able to carry the combi weapons. Make the Ranged Weapons list available to at least one of the marines.

Which would lead to imbalance. Just horde those extra combis in your bitz box, for characters, Sternguard etc.

Personally, it winds me up that Scout Squads can't take Special Weapons at all...

If I want to use multiple Special Weapons instead of Heavy, I just go with separate 5-man squads. You also get to arm each Sergeant with a combi-weapon if you so wish.

Personally, it winds me up that Scout Squads can't take Special Weapons at all...

If I want to use multiple Special Weapons instead of Heavy, I just go with separate 5-man squads. You also get to arm each Sergeant with a combi-weapon if you so wish.

Scout squads can't take specials but the sergeant can take a Thunder Hammer, seems fair.

Scout squads can't take specials but the sergeant can take a Thunder Hammer, seems fair.

Yeah, but not really something I want my Scout squad to run with. I'd like to be able to give them a flamer or melta!

Yeah, but not really something I want my Scout squad to run with. I'd like to be able to give them a flamer or melta!

You mean you don't want a three attack character killer running around in a land speeder storm? Alas if they ever gave scouts special weapons I'm sure more people would take them.

Archived