Snipers, saved wounds, and FNP

Pyro X

Not trying to sound like a rules lawyer but I had a question. If I use sniper fire and cause a wound to a model, let's call it a riptide, it takes a wound from failing a save then it makes its feel no pain. Does it now have to make a pinning test?

The rules for pinning say if the unit has suffered an unsaved wound... then FNP says to treat the wound as having been saved.

So I would say that the unit does not take a pinning test because it didn't suffer an unsaved wound.

Ok now I have one.

For HQs with a predefined Warlord Trait, is that considered part of their rules or an option?  For example, if Sammael and Azrael were in the same army, would Sammael get to use Rapid Manoeuvre?

The rules for pinning say if the unit has suffered an unsaved wound... then FNP says to treat the wound as having been saved.

So I would say that the unit does not take a pinning test because it didn't suffer an unsaved wound.

Ok now I have one.

For HQs with a predefined Warlord Trait, is that considered part of their rules or an option?  For example, if Sammael and Azrael were in the same army, would Sammael get to use Rapid Manoeuvre?

Only the HQ designated as your army's Warlord gets a Warlord trait, and you can only have one Warlord in your army.

Oh I like this game.

Here's mine.

If sniper rifles shoot causing wounds on a marine unit, who fail thier penning test, and then lose 25% which causes them to take a moral check, which they fail, do they fall back? And if so are they penned afterward?

Does a marine unit that goes to ground and fails a

Moral check due to shooting, does it instantly rally next round and is it able to move freely despite hacing gone to ground?

Oh I like this game.

Here's mine.

If sniper rifles shoot causing wounds on a marine unit, who fail thier penning test, and then lose 25% which causes them to take a moral check, which they fail, do they fall back? And if so are they penned afterward?

Does a marine unit that goes to ground and fails a

Moral check due to shooting, does it instantly rally next round and is it able to move freely despite hacing gone to ground?

You still take a morale test, and if you fail it, you become auto-unpinned and fall back. And because you're a Marine, should you not fall off board you regroup and act as normal next turn.

So if you explode a transport, and the unit inside immediately has to take a morale and pinning check, which happens first?  If they fail both, do they fall back and are pinned there?  Or are they pinned in place, then fall back?

A model/unit that is falling back cannot go to ground so cannot be pinned.

(see BRB page 30, bottom of the "Falling Back and Shooting" paragraph)

It is therefore irrelevant which order you do the tests in.

Lets say that you fail both tests:

Pinned then Broken - unit gets up from the ground and flees.

Broken then Pinned - unit is fleeing so can't go to ground.

However a pinning test is taken immediately, whilst a morale check happens at the end of the shooting phase.  So by RAW you should take the pinning test first.

Ok now I have one.

Only the warlord can have a trait, and you can only have one warlord.  In your particular example, I believe Azraels entry states that if he is in your detachment he MUST be your warlord so even ignoring the normal BRB restriction, you still could not use Sammael's Rapid Manuevre.

Archived