Disc of Tzeentch - Jetbike or unit type modifier?

Kraytirous

I have a bit of a dilemma. I want to justify the Mark of Tzeentch on a Chaos Lord, and the only way I'd grab it is for the daemonic mount mixed with the 3++.

My problem is that I don't know if the Disc grants the Chaos Lord (or sorcerer, as the case may be) +1 toughness. My reasoning:

The Disc of Tzeentch changes the rider's unit type to Jetbike.

The Jetbike entry states that a model with the bike in their wargear entry has a higher point of toughness included in its profile. If it isn't in its basic wargear, the model gains an extra toughness.

Here's my dilemma. A piece of wargear IS giving the Chaos Lord the jetbike unit type, and it is not in his basic Wargear. But the source of the unit-type change isn't a jetbike. So the Lord is a Jetbike rider. So he moves like a jetbike, he charges like a jetbike, he has relentless and he turbo-boosts like a jetbike.

But does he gain a point of Toughness? He technically doesn't have a bike in his basic or upgraded Wargear, he has a Disc of Tzeentch. The Disc makes him into a jet-bike, but it isn't a bike.

1: It is worded in exactly the same way as the Dark Angels, Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines books. It might be the same as Eldar but I haven't checked. To argue that he doesn't get the bonus, is to argue that none of the other 6th Edition books benefit either.

2: Armoured Steed is simply one of many rules attributed to being Unit Type: Jetbike. There is absolutely no reason that he would not benefit from +1 Toughness but still retain the special movement, Hammer of Wrath, Turbo Boost etc. It is all part of the same package and all rules within that package are equally valid.

So yes, he totally 100% gains +1 Toughness for riding a Disc of Tzeentch.

Archived