"Mechanicus Maleficarum" Black Legion WIP - Update 12/3/14

As my friend Jed is building an Iron Hands army and my Sons of Medusa are almost done I'm going to start a Black Legion force for a proper grudge match. After all, the 10th Black Crusade sacked the Medusa system and spoiled the Iron Hands day and as this force is black legion I can include Emperor's Children and Iron Warrior defectors to really ramp up the narrative hate.

To start off with though I am building a Warpsmith, but this is not just any Warpsmith, this man was an Iron Hand of Clan Sorgol who saw the Iron Hands as weak during the 10th Black Crusade and instead devoted himself to Abaddon's cuase.

warpsmithwip

The legs need some chaosing up and he needs painting, but as befits a Warpsmith lead warband expect a number of strange and chaotic vehicle conversions to come smile.png

Thank you for looking. Any comments and critique welcome smile.png

Presenting the Warpsmith: Iron Father Kane Nial of the Black Legion :)

Warpsmith

The base is not final but here at least you can see I'm going for the classic black legion with the orange tubing which I think kicks off the black quite nicely :)

Those are definitely really cool ideas for the Warpsmith and Forgefiend! I'm really interested in seeing more of your work :)

Though it would be cool, if you could use bigger pictures in this thread. They seem to be bigger in your gallery, so why downsize them for this thread? ;-)

• 4 months later...
Been awhile for a proper update but here we have my latest.

Helbrute

First up is the DV Helbrute and Blood for the Blood God paint really makes this kit for me, helps the parts where the flesh meats the metal look really, really raw.

Decimator Engine

Second we have a Decimator Engine from Forgeworld. I didn't like the standard arms at all so i built my own from defiler and forgefiend bits to give me a siege claw and a storm laser. Some of the new rust paint on the chaos star and the claw and some nurgle's rot around the containment vessel and exhaust pipes denote that this beast is marked for nurgle.

Eliphas The Inheritor

Finally we have my Lord. Left image is with flash off and right is with flash to bring out the colours... but he just looks so bad-ass lit up on the left like that. He is supposed to represent Eliphas from the dawn of war games armed with the Spineshiver blade from the black legion supplement :) The sword was made using the the haft of the chaos lord's power axe mated with a runefang from the empire general box, the runefang has had notches cut along the blade and a ridge of greenstuff along the flat of the blade with simmilar notches cut to make it appear segmented like the spine of a daemon it is supposed to be forged from :D 

Archived