Tragedy has befallen me

I am Legion

I am at the point where I have very little of the last vials of old citadel colour that made up my colour scheme. I have tried to colour match blood red and a few others but to no avail. At this point I'm discouraged to continue painting my blood angels as it will not look the same. I've tried vallego and a few other brands but nothing matches exactly. I ask my brothers for help now, for if I can't match it I will have to sell off my army sad.png

Please help

Edit: spelling errors

Depending on which Citadel colours you're referring to it could be a few different shades.

If you mean Citadel colours as in the really old ones which had pictures of the golden demon on the cover of the box, then Coat D'Arms should be a perfect match, as it's produced by the same company that used to provide the Citadel colours; they even come in the same pots they used to.

Always keen to help a brother out, I came across a new paint manufacturer today. They're a UK based company called Colours of Battle, and have their range made by HMG. HMG the company that produced amongst other things the original Citadel paints, P3, and Coat D'arms; so decent then. I reckon their Dragonfire Red is worth a look here.

The range is currently stock by Wayland and Waugh games in the UK.

Archived