Good afternoon all,

I have been spending the last couple of weeks tinkering with a host of separate materials and parts to manifest an idea I have been entertaining for a few months now; Heresy era Astartes sergeants having either just plunged to Chaos or swearing unfaltering allegiance to the God-Emperor of mankind; these ties being apparent from the looks of the models respectively.

Further to this idea, I wanted to represent the Legion specific characteristics and equipment with each figure, so I hope I don't disappoint!

Without further ado, the yet unnamed Dark Angels sgt; 

P1020444

P1020443

P1020441

I must stress, this guy is far from done, need to add robes, clean up the sword, fill in legs etc.

Let me know what you think!

The Emperor protects,

Capt. Jack

Looking good, Im curious to see the finished results, pre-heresy DA are a favorite of mine (the whole monastic, gothic feel is great). I like the two handed sword you have given him, the handle is from the GK kit if Im not mistaken?

Looking good, Im curious to see the finished results, pre-heresy DA are a favorite of mine (the whole monastic, gothic feel is great). I like the two handed sword you have given him, the handle is from the GK kit if Im not mistaken?

Many thanks! The sword is two D.A. termie power sword fused together, and the arms and handle are from the FW Palantine Blades (gorgeous kit btw!)

I think you need moar light when you take pictures. But it's a cool start. While I think all proper Marines should be wearing helmets, I do appload the use of just a hood, rather than the typical full body bathrobe.

Totally get you with regards to the light; it's been a while since I've taken photos of minis so need to work towards getting the right lighting again... gah! As you will see with this project, there will be many sgts 'sans hemet', to really embody the Legions raw character. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

Oh, very eclectic choice of parts. I really like him, though. Always nice to see more I Legion.

Who's next?

Well Darth Potato, that would be telling! Once I have finished this fella, and posted image on the thread, I will post the next (just to keep you hooked, there ARE several others I have been working on... ;) )

Salutations brothers!

Some minor updates to my D.A. sgt; I must stress, the cloak is far from finished, and apologies for the quality of the images, I can assure you by my next post, I will have organised a lighting rig!

Also, 5 points for the savvy chap who can identify the Legion for the sneak peek sgt!

P1020467

P1020465

P1020462

And finally the sneak peek! msn-wink.gif

P1020452

For the Emperor!
Capt. Jack

+1 on Emperors children.

Correct Anaziel! 5 points!

Totes Emperor's Children with that hair and the chest plate. Totes. 

Very observant! Emperor's Children; space dandies!

Emperor's Children I think.

Well done, 5 points!

I'm going with Blood Angels. Love the head on that new fella, great work on the hair. 

Nil points! Perhaps next time! ;)

Good evening brothers,

Some more work on the D.A. recently, and have hopefully sorted out a slightly more pleasing lighting arrangement, as promised!

Have done some work to the base and cloak, and would love to know what you guys are thinking! I'm yet to finish the inside and upper sections of the cloak, have minor details to add to the base and finally add some pouches to the belt.

So, without further ado;

P1020469

P1020476

The Emperor protects,

Capt. Jack

I wish I had your greenstuff skills brother. He looks good so far, but why did you take away the head with the hood? 

Much obliged for your kind words! Practise makes perfect!

As for the hood; I thought it too easy an ingredient to make a D.A., and instead chose the knight style helm for flavour. Any thoughts?

Capt. Jack

Archived