The most furious prime.

GhostMalone

Idea for bases.

I'll explain why corck sheet bases are the way to go, Jas, just a suggestion.

1: Cheap to make besides the bases them selves ( 110 25mm bases is just insane))))

2: fast to make; takes a couple of minutes to breaak up the corck and just sla it in place. comes in diffirent thickness.

3: makes wy easier to mount minis with pining, makes a strong joint.

4: looks like battle field debris when painted.

just add a little sand on sides to tidy up and paint!

http://cs303510.vk.me/v303510120/552d/qazHHK0OMts.jpg

I was sving this base for something special, now i know why I was saving it.  The theme of a ruined parque floor in a building in my mind will make a great stand for the Grey Angel.  Jas, just try to work it in to the board.

http://cs303510.vk.me/v303510120/5537/eYURByPnPUg.jpg

http://cs303510.vk.me/v303510120/5541/Dm7v32dtsA8.jpg

I'll take the Tact Support Melta's. I'll do all 5 if no one else wants to, but if someone wants to do the sgt or any of the others that's cool

Take the squad brother, and go at it ASAP

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/2D2370FA-C23C-4C16-96AF-B1DE2A494A42-1553-00000114EEAC3E04_zpsf49bf4b3.jpg

Here is an early WIP of the dread I'm making for prime... Pretty standard AOBR dread that I'm gonna try and salamanderise.

Jaspcat, on 10 Oct 2013 - 13:40, said:

If you want we can do that,

I'm happy as long as it all goes with the board.

Never used cork so I'd need to practice

Easy as glueing plastic togather.

Jeremy, You've broken our words and 4 pages of chit chat with action!!! All Hail!!!

Brothers, who is located in the States who can tackle painting in bulk and to a standard???

if none are able, then send it over to me, and I'll dig my teeth into it. But thats postage to the Russian Federation. PM me if you do want to send, and i will give contacts through whome to do that, to insure delivery)

Jasp, as soon as you or Heathens answer my PM with material, ill strt converting nd on the art.

to tie everything in, absolutely!

my suggestion brother, is to paln out the board, theme and detail, how to make the mounting holes for the bases flush and neat (that was the biggest challange for me) 

one time i found a site, selling metl bands, thick like the base thickness, and wide enough to take 25mm, 40mm and dreadnought bases respectively, but i was not able to find that again any where.

then make the miniature bases themselves. if everything can be painted at once, insuring uniform color of the bases, that would rock!

Hell yes.

And ill plan the board. Im currently looking at armies on display boards.

I was thinking trench line with craters around it.

Do a nice display surround to sit the board in with the plaque.

Ill sketch it up soon.

I'm thinking movement trays cut up and plastered into the board to sit them in

I use cork all the time in bases so I second its greatness. If you don't mind, i'll build my own in the style you settle on.

Did Prime have a symbol design for the Hellhammer's?

Can you take upon yourself to make the bases for this project?

The Jasp can work on the display, decision of labour

Okay then.

Ill do the display. The scheme is chaos black undercoat

Drybrushed eshin grey

Drybrushed administratum grey

Drybrushed long beard white

Wash with agrax earth shade

Then finally washed with 50/50 mix nuln oil lahmian medium.

Alright folks, here's the deal. I made contact with Furioso, and yes, he's stepping out of the hobby for an indeterminate amount of time. He told me that he's not willing to talk about what happened yet, and I am going to respect his desire to gather his thoughts and spirit before talking to him again. When we usually speak, he is a very happy and open person, so the fact that he doesn't want to talk speaks volumes. I mentioned this project being dedicated to his name, and he was floored and utterly speechless, though. Beyond that, our conversation got cut short due to my personal work requirements.

What this all means for his intrest in the hobby, I don't know. What I do know is that he is a good family man, and I personally will respect any decision he makes. Should that decision be a desire by Furioso to quit the hobby to focus on family during this time of crisis, then that's exactly what I'm going to do, along with any other support myself and my family can give to our friends, whether that be spiritual, a roof to sleep under, a hot meal, or even just someone to talk to.

Scouts care for Scouts, 'til we walk Fiddler's Green.

EDIT: One thing he did mention is no one in his family is hurt, thank Adonai. There's that, at least.

Thank you heathens :)

So hopefully this will just make his life a bit easier.

And it was suppose to be a few squads but the support were receiving makes me think we can get the list on page 1 done.

Other than Jeremy and his dred let's avoid any extras ;)

While prime gets his life under control we will help his project live on

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/08DCC847-BE32-42D6-B5BA-F499B5D6A331-1553-000001350E415DC1_zps9cd34b50.jpg

Primes first dread is done.... I may have a few more floating around.

I'm willing to help out a battle buddy. I don't know home personally but as a Soldier he is a brother so if some of my plastic soldiers can help him know he is in my thoughts and prayers then so be it!

So now where do I send this thing?

Archived