techmarines

Pyro X

Tech marines normally have red armour because they are from the adepacus macanacus(sorry on spelling) kind of like how librarians wear blue armour. What color bike would he have if he was in DA though? I am sure it wouldn't be a raven wing bike cause they, like librarians don't belong in their ranks. So would it be green or red? (For fluff reasons)

While I can see the justification for having him on a bike that matched his armor, I think I will go another way with mine.

I would paint all bike black and leave the armor red for techmarines, blue for Lib, and black for Chap.

These are marines heroes, and the idea that they would accessorize really just robs them of their mojo.

Yes it is true that they might have their own bike... like heroes of old had their own horse.

But really someone else is going to be caring for it, and in a pinch they are going to use any available bike.

Both of which really lead us back to one thing... all of the bikes for the chapter are maintained by the ravenwing.

DA techmarines rmour, like you can see in the Codex. The only exception are the techmarines of the Ravenwing. In the novel Ravenwing, p.124 the techmarines that take care of the RW bikes wear black armour.

I believe it went on to say that their right shoulder was red too, for the time they served on Mars.  I would have to look back at it to be sure.

Hmmm.  Black bikes just look right...but I could understand a techmarine having his own kit, and therefore a red bike.  I could also understand anyone who isn't Ravenwing having a green bike.  How about bone bikes for members of the inner circle, though?  As cool as it might look, I don't think the inner circle has a separate pool of bikes, so they'd probably be green if your army has non-black bikes at all.

I went for black bike, black armour and red bits like this....

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/200/5/1/ravenwing_techmarine_with_servo_harness_by_elmo9141-d6e678i.jpg

Wouldn't you know it...I was just coming back into this thread to talk about my plan to build a techmarine on a bike to test against my bike libby (who is proxied ATM) because the stupid grav cannons have a decent shot at immobilizing my crusaders.  I figure with a servoharness he has a 1/3 chance to fix the immobilization, which is better than the chance a librarian has.  So I was thinking...gee, how do I do a servoharness on a bike.  I abandoned the idea of making the bike serve as the servoharness, with all of the weapon arms sprouting from the bike's chassis, that's too chaos-y.  Then I noticed that the techmarine with servoharness model (anyone else notice that he's now bare-headed?  My metal one has a helmet, and I think the right shoulder pad is different, too!) is now finecast...perfect for slicing and dicing it to fit a biker!

...and then I see this (points up)  Gah!  Damn you Elmo!!! You stole my idea before I ever even had it!  AMAZING WORK!!!!

...and then I see this (points up) Gah! Damn you Elmo!!! You stole my idea before I ever even had it! AMAZING WORK!!!!

Big cheesey grin biggrin.png

There is a WIP picture here

I ended up having to reposition every servo arm and cut the base of the backpack off.

I went for black bike, black armour and red bits like this....

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/200/5/1/ravenwing_techmarine_with_servo_harness_by_elmo9141-d6e678i.jpg

Very inspiring. I used the servoharness from a Thunderfire cannon techmarine. Pictures will follow.

Archived