Nurgle cultist

Darth Mustard

Hi there,

I´m posting here my first conversion in years.

I´ve been out of the hobby for 8 years if not more and I started collecting Space Marines when they were produced by citadel miniatures and Marauders. My first Space Marine box was actually the one for Epic.

Anyway I´m French, old and living in China.

I ran into a GW store the other day and thought that I would start again modeling.

I´m more into modeling than into gaming. I have no idea of what the new rules are.

I should say I was more into modeling because obviously it is going to take a while before I get my skills back.

Anyway I thought I should start with something easy like the chaos cultist.

Being French, Nurgle seems the way to go since I´m coming from a country that loves stinky and rotten cheeses and frogs.

I went for an easy conversion on these ones.

I did not want to be too "touched" by Nurgle but more like a band of followers eager to attract the attention of their god.

So the still human looking new cultists were great.

I just change the chaos symbols that they have for Nurgle simple one. I wanted to make them "raw" so that they seemed to be made by them to show their devotion and election of a new god.

Nurgle can be all about lost members and rotten flesh and zombie like followers but I wanted to show them in an early stage of decay.

I used liquid green stuff (just discover that !) to simulate pustules and plaque of plague.

For me Nurgle is the lord of the flies, the plague bringer, so they should were gas masks and the expose flesh that they show should wear the traces of plague (hopefully that would show up in the painting). They should be the troops that space marines send after spreading gas to submerge their enemy regardless the number of them that will die before a space marine takes action in combat

I like to give they an utopian, steampunk, world war one kind of look. Being freshly "seduced" by the god of pestilence I intend to keep them with sort of Imperial Guard vibrant uniform and colors (for the ones that are wearing uniforms).

For this one, I created in green stuff a respirator, the rest of the goggle, a bag in his back, a rotten sef-made sunday project Nurgle icon and hood.

gallery_24413_8929_19944.jpg

The other ones are already converted and ready to be paint.

I know it a long post, for maybe a 20 points troop that will neither be played but as I said I more about the hobby.

Let me know your thoughts, suggestions, ideas...

I´m looking here for a community of enthusiastic hobbyists.

Maybe what I do sucks but please try to be nice

cheers, brothers

awesome work mate!

I nearly skipped over this one, I think you should make the pictures appear bigger. 

he looks great in you're gallery.

im not usually a fan of nurgle but I think you've struck on a great balance.

love me some cultists, every month or so I take mine out and line them up next to my cadians and my head explodes with conversion ideas, not brave enough to cut them up yet...

I think you will do a good job, keep em coming!

Thanks!!

looking forward to see yours

here is the whole bunch

I realized that I still have some green stuff to add

maybe one or two nurgle symbols

I just tried the new (for me) base paint from Citadel and, boy, do they covert !

I think I´d be happier using the layer that are closest to what I´m use to

this just a first coat.

They´ll get dirtier as Nurgle can be

gallery_24413_8929_141439.jpg

Archived