BELLUM AETERNUS: CURRUS BELLI

The Shadow Guard

BELLUM AETERNUS: CURRUS BELLI

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Currus_Belli_Poster_02_V3_Starter.jpg

The Sons of the Lion collectively known as the Unforgiven celebrate the recent update of the Codex Astartes. In recognition of the great deeds of Rouboute Guilliman, Primarch of the Ultramarines legion, Regent of Ultramar and father of the Codex Astartes, we the Sons of the Lion, descendants of the first legion challenge all the Sons of Guilliman to our challenge Currus Belli, the Chariots of War!

THE SONS OF THE LION

CHALLENGE

THE SONS OF GUILLIMAN

Who can participate:

Anyone can participate on either side (or both if you so wish) but you may only submit armoured vehicles painted in the colours of Ultramarines, the official successors or your own DIY successors on the one side and the Dark Angels, the offivial successor chapters or your own DIY successors on the other side.

How to enter the competition:

On the 1st of November a specific thread will be openen in the Ultramarine forum and the Dark Angels Forum only. Once this occurs you can post your oaths there. Until then start building your tanks. You have three weeks.

To make an oath on the 1st of November, once the new thread is opened, you simply make a post with the starting image of your vehicle/s. The first post may be of the vehicle in any state of completion from just the sprues up to a fully completed vehicle with an undercoat. Only a single colour undercoat is allowed at the time of entry.

Chapter or Legion:

You may paint your vehicles in chater colours or the two legion colours. It's entirely your choice.

Duration: Two Months.

Number of oaths:

Two Oaths Maximum: There is only one deadline, the 5th of January.

Those who complete their first oath can make a second one.

You may make your oaths commencing on the 1st of November

You may submit as many vehicles as you wish for each oath.

Painting Content:

Only Tracked armoured vehicles from Warhammer 40K and Apocalypse 40K as well as Horus Heresy Range:

SM Vehicles only.

Can be painted in Chapter or Legion livery

Starting point should be no more than undercoating of the vehicle.

Score:

Simple point system as below.

Award 1 Point for vehicles based on the Rhino Chassis:

Rhino variants (MkIIc, MkIII),

Razorback & Variants,

Predator: Destructor, Annihilator, Executioner, Infernus

Vindicator

Whirlwing: Standard, Hyperios, Scorpius

Hunter Anti Aircraft Tank

Stalker Anti Aircraft Tank

Damocles Command vehicle

Award 2 Points for vehicles based on the Land Raider Chassis:

Land raider Proteus & Armoured proteus

Land Raider MkIIB

Land Raider III Phobos

Land Raider Crusader

Land Raider Helios

Land Raider Prometheus

Land Raider Ares (Brother Bishop's semi official version)

Land Raider Redeemer

Land Raider Terminus Ultra

Land Raider Achilles

Award 4 points for the following large armoured vehicles

Spartan Assault Tank

Sicaran Battle tank

Sicaran venator

Malcador battle Tank and variants (cosidered second generation baneblades)

Macharius battle Tank and variants (cosidered second generation baneblades)

Award 5 points for the following Super Heavy armoured vehicles:

Typhon Heavy Siege Tank

Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer

Award 6 points for the following Super Heavy armoured vehicles:

Legion Glaive

Legion Fell Blade

Baneblade and variants

Time Line:
FRI 11 October: Stat building your tanks!

FRI 1 November 2013: Acceptance of oaths

SUN 5 January 2014: End date

Awards:
The Pearl of Ultramar Badge: The Pearl of Ultramar will be awarded only to those honoured battle brothers who belong to the winning faction who have completed their oaths!

Only ONE Faction will have the honour of wearing this badge of honour! Which One?

Sons of the Lion!  Will you face the vaunted Sons of Ultramar?

The future:

The unforgiven shall strive to honour the release of each of the imperiums chapters when their Codex Supplement is release by a similar challenge but of just a SINGLE MONTH duration. So be prepared! The likely future challenges will be somewhat along the lines listed below:

Equos belli (Steeds of War): White Scars vs Dark Angels

Angeli bellum (Angels of War): Blood Angels: vs Dark Angels

Titanis Bellum (Titans of War): Spacewolves vs Dark Angels

Currus Belli (Chariots of War): Black Templars vs Dark Angels

Umbrae Bellum (Shadow of War): Ravenuard vs Dark Angels

Machinae Belli (Engines of War): Iron hands vs Dark Angels

Ignis Bellum (Fires of War): Salamanders vs Dark Angels

Deum Belli (God of War): Imperial Fists vs Dark Angels  

As the names sugegst each will focus on a different aspect of our forces and armoury.

This is a good excuse to get the Ares done smile.png

So we can start building now but only admit what we are building on the 1st Nov?

Edit: Can we do more than 1 vehicle per oath?

You can only make you oaths on the 1st of November and beyond. This is a painting competition so th most you are allowed to have done to enter is build the tank and undercoat it. This will allow you to even re-do old vehicles, as long as your starting image is that of the tank with and undercoat, and nothing more.

The lead time is to allow participants to opurchae vehicles, order from BL and generally startputting together their armoured forces.

SG

Dark Angels Baneblade - Hmmmmm

Brain . Starting. To . Tick .....

Phew, glad I'm not the only one...

After 4 years in sprues, last week I finished building my Baneblade!

Was thinking whether to paint it for my IG of my DA...

No such dillema anymore!

Just for clarification...only 1 tank per vow? Or can I enter 3 LR?

Cool cool cool!

Me likez these events!

I'll show you mine if you show me yours ;)

I have just been off pricing 1 up......

I built the original plastic kit for my youngests IG army so I am raring to have a go at the new one.

PS. Damn you SG - I'm spending my kids inheritance!

Hey I like the concept SG!

I also like that you included Apocalypse, as I have a DA Baneblade waiting to be painted so this is a great incentive to get it done!

Interesting side note for everyone, there is a rumour going round that GW will be releasing 6 new weathering paints before xmas! Could be handy for this challenge.

thumbsup.gif

Cod

Sounds good,

So no 3 point vehicles? I would have thought the standard rhino chassis to be first point tier, modified rhino chassis, for example predator, whirlwind ect to be second point tier and land raiders in the third, I mean the land raider is a huge leap from the standard rhino for painting and its size isn't that far of the Spartan in my opinion.

DR

This is a good excuse to get the Ares done smile.png

So we can start building now but only admit what we are building on the 1st Nov?

Edit: Can we do more than 1 vehicle per oath?

Absolutely... as many as you like!!! Start making the models now!!! :)

I'm confused - is this a painting contest that requires models purchased from GW? Can any models (conversions) be entered?

So to get all 10 points, we have to make two 5 point or a 5 and 6 point model?

You can do as manyy vehicles as you wish.... 10 rhinos, 5 landraiders or two baneblades... any combination...as many vehicles as possible...

Just for clarification...only 1 tank per vow? Or can I enter 3 LR?

Cool cool cool!

Me likez these events!

As above, more the merrier....

PS. Damn you SG - I'm spending my kids inheritance!

It's all an evil plot... :)

I am in. I assume that primed/base sprayed models will be allowed as enteries? I don't want to strip my spray jobs to enter...

Paul

All the way to basecoat is allowed. Part of the idea is to give you the incentive to paint up your incomplete models...

Sounds good,

So no 3 point vehicles? I would have thought the standard rhino chassis to be first point tier, modified rhino chassis, for example predator, whirlwind ect to be second point tier and land raiders in the third, I mean the land raider is a huge leap from the standard rhino for painting and its size isn't that far of the Spartan in my opinion.

DR

Yeah, no 3 point vehicles....I wanted to keep as simple as possible.... so rhino chassis 1 pt, LR chassis 2 pts.... the jump up to 4 points is because I took in to consideration the higher cost of the FW vehicles as well as the greater effort needed to put together resin cast models...

SG

Grrr....timing couldn't be...worse.  I'm relocating across an ocean in the middle of the contest, after which I'll be doing my fifth land raider...but after the contest ends.  It's not that one more land raider would put the Unforgiven over the top in the competition, and I almost certainly wouldn't do more in any case, since I'm not in need of more DA vehicles, but just to participate would have been nice!

Sounds good,

So no 3 point vehicles? I would have thought the standard rhino chassis to be first point tier, modified rhino chassis, for example predator, whirlwind ect to be second point tier and land raiders in the third, I mean the land raider is a huge leap from the standard rhino for painting and its size isn't that far of the Spartan in my opinion.

DR

Yeah, no 3 point vehicles....I wanted to keep as simple as possible.... so rhino chassis 1 pt, LR chassis 2 pts.... the jump up to 4 points is because I took in to consideration the higher cost of the FW vehicles as well as the greater effort needed to put together resin cast models...

SG

Cost as in the model price or points value? I might be pushing this so this will be the last I ask on the point system cause I don't want to come of as a jerk since you have done some great contests in the past. You mentioned the time it takes to prepare resin models but hasn't there already been given time to prepare models for painting from now until November 1st. It just seems unfair to me since I thought this was a painting contest and therefore should be based on the scale of the model and the difficulty in which the model takes to paint to completion, it might only be me but a land raider takes me probably 3 times the amount of time to paint then a standard rhino. I just hope you might consider making a 3 point group for the land raiders.

DR

Well, I am in for 10 points.  - 

(2) Land Raider Terminus Ultra

(3) Land Raider Ares

I would be putting my Land Raider Crusader in the mix too, but it has (2) colors on it at the moment so I believe that it will not count.  

Paul

Sounds good,

So no 3 point vehicles? I would have thought the standard rhino chassis to be first point tier, modified rhino chassis, for example predator, whirlwind ect to be second point tier and land raiders in the third, I mean the land raider is a huge leap from the standard rhino for painting and its size isn't that far of the Spartan in my opinion.

DR

SG

Cost as in the model price or points value? I might be pushing this so this will be the last I ask on the point system cause I don't want to come of as a jerk since you have done some great contests in the past. You mentioned the time it takes to prepare resin models but hasn't there already been given time to prepare models for painting from now until November 1st. It just seems unfair to me since I thought this was a painting contest and therefore should be based on the scale of the model and the difficulty in which the model takes to paint to completion, it might only be me but a land raider takes me probably 3 times the amount of time to paint then a standard rhino. I just hope you might consider making a 3 point group for the land raiders.

DR

Cost of the model, points cost, difficulty of making the model hull points and many ther factors were taken in to consideration. There are far more rhinochassis and Lr-chassis vehicles out in the circulation compared to Spartans, and super heavies... and there are many reasons for that fact.. some of them I've listed above. Yes, it is a painting contest but you need to build the model before you can paint it. The efort and cost of purchasing a Spartan and building it is much more than that for a landraider. The rules and the structre have been discussed in detail with other mods and admisn to come up with the one we have here so the rules stand as they are.

I do have a couple of rhino that are unpainted for ages...

Exactly what this event hopes to accomplish! :)

Grrr....timing couldn't be...worse. I'm relocating across an ocean in the middle of the contest, after which I'll be doing my fifth land raider...but after the contest ends. It's not that one more land raider would put the Unforgiven over the top in the competition, and I almost certainly wouldn't do more in any case, since I'm not in need of more DA vehicles, but just to participate would have been nice!

Don't worry..the re should a number of Belli events coming up which will focus on other units!

I'll be in with one Damocles, one RZB and one v2 pred...

Sad that drop pods don't count as tanks... I could have participate with one too... Well maybe the bold angels contest will give me the occasion.

Ok then I have to finish mounting the pred now!

Great to see the enthusiasm...leave the drop pod for another Belli event..cool.png

SG

SG, just noticed and wondered bout the 'Pearl of Ultramar' as further incentive for this challenge.

For those of us who earned pearls in the ETL2, they will be given before the Currus Belli starts?

I do look forward to your banner work thumbsup.gif

And future Belli events look promising as well.

SG, just noticed and wondered bout the 'Pearl of Ultramar' as further incentive for this challenge.

For those of us who earned pearls in the ETL2, they will be given before the Currus Belli starts?

I do look forward to your banner work thumbsup.gif

And future Belli events look promising as well.

Yes... the honourable Captain Semper had indeed furnished me with the honour rolls from ETL 2... sadly duty has delayed hthe awarding of these much valued awards. rest assured they will be awarded, the data scripts updated and the pearls transmitted to those who deserve them very soon...

Just a little clarification, are conversions viable?? Im in the bitz purchasing stages for two Spartan conversiona and am hoping theyll be acceptable, and yes, theyll be readily identifiable as Spartans.

Cheers,

Jono

As long as they are readily recognizable both in their relative size and in the design then they will be acceptable.

SG

Quick questions:

1. Will the follow-up Chapter Challenges have similar lead times for preparation, or will those be halved to match up with the halved duration?

2. Will the follow-up Chapter Challenges coincide with the digital or physical releases of their respective Supplements? I'm guessing physical, since the Fists Supplement is landing digitally sometime during Currus Belli (unless I'm wrong about that release date).

It's too bad I'm not an Ultra Successor, I've got some vehicles to get done...

Archived