BELLUM AETERNUS: CURRUS BELLI

The Shadow Guard

Quick questions:

1. Will the follow-up Chapter Challenges have similar lead times for preparation, or will those be halved to match up with the halved duration?

2. Will the follow-up Chapter Challenges coincide with the digital or physical releases of their respective Supplements? I'm guessing physical, since the Fists Supplement is landing digitally sometime during Currus Belli (unless I'm wrong about that release date).

It's too bad I'm not an Ultra Successor, I've got some vehicles to get done...

I think similar lead time... about 4 weeks and then a four week event.... we'd like to keep it a short an dsharp firefight style... and not so sure about whether to target the digital or the hardback codex. I never get the digital ones...I tend to wait patiently until I can get the books and smell the pages :) For example the HH novel "Scars" .. i ahven't bothered to downlaod the digital weekly sections..rtaher wait for the actual book to be released.

SG

I think similar lead time... about 4 weeks and then a four week event.... we'd like to keep it a short an dsharp firefight style... and not so sure about whether to target the digital or the hardback codex. I never get the digital ones...I tend to wait patiently until I can get the books and smell the pages smile.png For example the HH novel "Scars" .. i ahven't bothered to downlaod the digital weekly sections..rtaher wait for the actual book to be released.

SG

Sweet. Well, as I said, the Fists Supplement lands digitally at the end of October (pre-orders this weekend, just checked), while the physical one lands in March according to the staffers of the Games Workshop Digital Editions Facebook page.

Looking forward to what you have in mind for the sons of Dorn... tongue.png

Amazing I just received an email this evening from an old gaming buddy who has a NIB Baneblade and Shadowsword he wants to trade for some of my caged Xenos I use in the training pits.

I know somewhere there's a rule set for using these in a SM army. Can someone point me to it?

This is a good excuse to get the Ares done smile.png

So we can start building now but only admit what we are building on the 1st Nov?

Edit: Can we do more than 1 vehicle per oath?

Absolutely... as many as you like!!! Start making the models now!!! smile.png

>I'm confused - is this a painting contest that requires models purchased from GW? Can any models (conversions) be entered?

So to get all 10 points, we have to make two 5 point or a 5 and 6 point model?

You can do as manyy vehicles as you wish.... 10 rhinos, 5 landraiders or two baneblades... any combination...as many vehicles as possible...

Dark Angels Baneblade - Hmmmmm

Brain . Starting. To . Tick .....

Just for clarification...only 1 tank per vow? Or can I enter 3 LR?

Cool cool cool!

Me likez these events!

As above, more the merrier....

Dark Angels Baneblade - Hmmmmm

Brain . Starting. To . Tick .....

Phew, glad I'm not the only one...

PS. Damn you SG - I'm spending my kids inheritance!

It's all an evil plot... smile.png

I am in. I assume that primed/base sprayed models will be allowed as enteries? I don't want to strip my spray jobs to enter...

Paul

All the way to basecoat is allowed. Part of the idea is to give you the incentive to paint up your incomplete models...

Sounds good,

So no 3 point vehicles? I would have thought the standard rhino chassis to be first point tier, modified rhino chassis, for example predator, whirlwind ect to be second point tier and land raiders in the third, I mean the land raider is a huge leap from the standard rhino for painting and its size isn't that far of the Spartan in my opinion.

DR

Yeah, no 3 point vehicles....I wanted to keep as simple as possible.... so rhino chassis 1 pt, LR chassis 2 pts.... the jump up to 4 points is because I took in to consideration the higher cost of the FW vehicles as well as the greater effort needed to put together resin cast models...

SG

So is that yes for conversions?

@ twopounder:

Just a little clarification, are conversions viable?? Im in the bitz purchasing stages for two Spartan conversiona and am hoping theyll be acceptable, and yes, theyll be readily identifiable as Spartans.

Cheers,

Jono

As long as they are readily recognizable both in their relative size and in the design then they will be acceptable.

SG

+ + + CURRUS BELLI EVENT & The LOYALTY & TREACHERY EVENT + + +

Alright then... it's all happening now.. Captain Semper has unleashed the Loyalty & Treachery Event which you can see here. Loyalty & Treachery The important factor is that if you plan your participation well, then you can submit the same armoured kits that you make here also for the L&T event thus killing two birds with one stone.... or two awards with one modle/s... :)

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/L_T_Poster_01_Start.jpg

So, TSG - I play more than one chapter now (Don't hurt me) - Can I pledge vehicles for them as well?  To help lessen my impact to my other (read lesser I swear!!) loyalty?  :D

Paul

The L&T event sounds great, but does that mean we need to buy FW 30K stuff to be involved? Or are there 40K configurations that will fit?

Well, I'm painting a MkIVb Predator for the L&T event, which will also be vowed in the Curried Bellies competition.... tongue.png

Lots of 40K vehicles were around in 30K.... Landspeeders, Predators, Vindicators, Land Raiders..... they are all based on pre-Crusade STC templates, and were around during the heresy. Just don't put a lascannon turret on a Predator for 30K, as that wasn't "rediscovered" until M36 or so! msn-wink.gif

is purely DA chapter or legion colours or can we do successors too?

I haven't pulled the paints out since my (failed) AoV RW sergeant vow back in February but if I might be tempted to have a go at a painting a razorback or whirlwind. could even tie it in with my penance for failing my vow last time.

So, TSG - I play more than one chapter now (Don't hurt me) - Can I pledge vehicles for them as well? To help lessen my impact to my other (read lesser I swear!!) loyalty? biggrin.png

Paul

You can pledge vehicles for any chapter that is either the dark Angels or their successors or the Ultramarines or their successors....or the two legions.

The L&T event sounds great, but does that mean we need to buy FW 30K stuff to be involved? Or are there 40K configurations that will fit?

No, ther units or vehicles you paint for L&T should be compatible with the 30K army lists and be painted in legion colours but can use either 40K plastics or FW resin cast models. So for example a single squad of plastic tactical marines made up in to a legal HH unit and painted in legion colours....

is purely DA chapter or legion colours or can we do successors too?

I haven't pulled the paints out since my (failed) AoV RW sergeant vow back in February but if I might be tempted to have a go at a painting a razorback or whirlwind. could even tie it in with my penance for failing my vow last time.

Successors are absolutely welcome..both fficial and successors....

SG

I just noticed a paradox :

The L&T challenge is open to legion DA hence DA black livery only

The Currus Belli is open to all DA and successors.

Hence if I paint a v2 predator in black with red insignia I can enter both contest.

If I paint the same predator in AoA colors, I can only enter Currus Belli, am I right?

@ Master Avoghai: Correct. Same applies for DAs in green livery. L&T is about the Heresy. If you planned to make a Heresy tank you may also join the Currus Belli.

Dont you mean the Bellum Aeternus? Unless you wanna pick a fight with the BT subforum at the same time as Ultramarines and the forces of Chaos?  You cant exactly win a war on 3 fronts semper...

You confused me there for a second Chaplain... :D

Bellum Aeternus is the collective name for a new type of events where the DAs challenge individual forums. Each such event is named according to what the challenge actually is, and in the case of tracked vehicles it's called Currus Belli. So SG issued a Currus Belli vs. the UMs and will do so again vs. the Sons of Dorn at some future point...

Are you so sure we could not win the combined might of Guilliman and Dorn? :P

@ Master Avoghai: Correct. Same applies for DAs in green livery. L&T is about the Heresy. If you planned to make a Heresy tank you may also join the Currus Belli.

Dont you mean the Bellum Aeternus? Unless you wanna pick a fight with the BT subforum at the same time as Ultramarines and the forces of Chaos? You cant exactly win a war on 3 fronts semper...

Captain Semper has it right..... Bellum Aeternus is the name for the series... in short the Belli series.. :).... Currus Belli or in my broken gothic, Chariots of War, is the current challenge against the Ultramarines consisting on Tracked Armoured vehicles.

A similar challenge will be made against the BT when the time comes.... but that may not necessarily be Tracked Armoured vehicles...it will be some sort of a Chariot of War.... or on the otherhand it might be about tanks... we'll know when the event occurs..whistlingW.gif

SG

Are you so sure we could not win the combined might of Guilliman and Dorn?

I don't know, you all certainly can't deal with half your legion being traitor in a timely and efficient manner.... I kid, I kid.

I'm eager to see what nifty stuff comes out of these challenges from a painting and modelling perspective. Gotta try and whittle down my backlog of projects so I can potentially toss my hat in the ring when the time comes.

Hey SG, I'm sitting this one out sorry.

RL is really busy and if I do paint anything it probably won't fit into the timing of these events. For example I am slowly working on a LS Vengeance proxy but am not going to wait until we challenge the Scars.

I have plenty of unpainted tanks but they don't inspire me at this time.

Stobz

Hey SG, I'm sitting this one out sorry.

RL is really busy and if I do paint anything it probably won't fit into the timing of these events. For example I am slowly working on a LS Vengeance proxy but am not going to wait until we challenge the Scars.

I have plenty of unpainted tanks but they don't inspire me at this time.

Stobz

The answer to all dilemmas in the Universe is ... wait for it... 42!!!!!!! .... so off you go now... ermm.gif

No probs... the idea of these events which i describe a short sharp firefights is to let those who are able participate knowing that there will be more coming to suit your preferred elements.... rest, rejuvenate and be ready! :)

SG

42 it is then, off I go...

...grumbles about getting 'time out'... then starts the ritual screaming... and then apologises to the Righteous Interrogator for making such a fuss over a few electroknives and for making such a mess on the floor.

I'll see how the future goes, there may be some involvement yet.

Archived