BELLUM AETERNUS: CURRUS BELLI

The Shadow Guard

+ + + INTRUDER ALERT + + +

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Currus_Belli_Data_Loss_Banner.jpg

There has been another small server crash and data has been restored from the 23rd. The cause of the recent problems has been identified by Veneralble Brother Argos and the problem is being fixed. A faulty RAID card apparently infested by Dark Mechanicus Scrap Code was the cause for the recurrent crashes. Blessings of the omnissiah have been acquired and data restored from the lst safe back up.

There may be a short down time in the future when the new RAID card is being installed.

+ + + ETERNAL VIGILANCE + + +

+ + + EMPEROR PROTECTS + + +

The Baneblade may be hot air as the magnetisation will be time intensive sad.png

I will not be building the Baneblade for this vow. It has turned up but due to family commitments over Xmas I just won't have the time to magnetise/complete this to the standard I want in the limited period. I have to have my vow completed by mid Dec.

Just the Ares and a Rhino then :(

+ + + To The Vitcor The Spoils: The Pearl of Ultramar! + + +

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Currus_Belli_Header_02.jpg

The days draws closer when you must make your oaths of moment and test your skill and courage against our brothers of the Thirteenth Legion. The stakes for the event just became higher!

We participate for the honour of the legion, the progeny of the Lion and the name of our Primarch.

The prize for victory is Honour and Glory! .....

.... and The Pearl of Ultramar

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Currus_Belli_Badge_pearl_of_Ultramar_Large_V2.jpg

The Pearl of Ultramar will be will be presented as a 100 x 100 badge.

The Pearl of Ultramar will be awarded only to those honoured battle brothers who belong to the winning faction who have completed their oaths!

Only ONE Faction will have the honour of wearing this badge of honour! Which One??

+ + + HONOUR + + + COURAGE + + + SKILL + + +TACTICAL ACUMEN + + +

Which Sons Shall prevail?

The First or the Thirteenth?

The Green or the Blue?

The Children of Caliban or the Children of Maccragge?

The Sons of the Lion or the Sons of Guilliman?

Come the First of November

Let slip your chariots of War!

Honour & Courage!

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Currus_Belli_Header_01.jpg

Previously the Pearl was to be awarded to those who completed 10 points worth of vehicles, is this stipulation still in place? Meaning for me to claim it DA have to win with me completing at least 10 points and have no outstanding vows?

Cheers,

Jono

Previously the Pearl was to be awarded to those who completed 10 points worth of vehicles, is this stipulation still in place? Meaning for me to claim it DA have to win with me completing at least 10 points and have no outstanding vows?

Cheers,

Jono

Times change..and the battle ground changes... and the victory conditions change! Great that you noticed that little anomaly....

The answer is that the incentive of only one faction carrying the badge is far greater than a badge being worn for 10 points, so there is no longer any need for the points stipulation. One just needs to complete all their oaths and help their flegion win this event...then you get the badge of the Pearl of Ultramar!

Of course, all participants will get to wear the Carrus Belli Banner.....to be revealed soon... :)

SG

So it seems what this all comes down to is that you...Angels of Darkness, are incapable of painting unless someone kicks you in the rear all the way to the end.

How...typical. :P

This is a challenge I have been waiting for! Ever since the Ophidium Gulf! My Black Templars and Imperial Fists shall be waiting.

Although, I wish this was a battle report type of competition. My Imperial Fists love kicking those Dark Angels around.

The Baneblade may be hot air as the magnetisation will be time intensive sad.png

I will not be building the Baneblade for this vow. It has turned up but due to family commitments over Xmas I just won't have the time to magnetise/complete this to the standard I want in the limited period. I have to have my vow completed by mid Dec.

Just the Ares and a Rhino then sad.png

It seems I'll be the one showing first ;)

So it seems what this all comes down to is that you...Angels of Darkness, are incapable of painting unless someone kicks you in the rear all the way to the end.

How...typical. tongue.png

In the word's of Heath Ledger's Joker: "If you're good at something, never do it for free."

Paul

Nice Pearl...shiny. thumbsup.gif

I might be able to sneak in a tank or two, I've got a couple of Preds and the odd unpainted Raider laying around, no promises but it would be nice to get one of those new shineys biggrin.png

Some Mod somewhere would have to teach me how to join current banners together so they only count as one line in a sig, otherwise the board won't let me add a new one despite them being relatively small. I'm not really prepared to give up the well earned and cool old stuff just for a 'shiney'. Any thoughts?

biggrin.png

stobz

Shadow guard I had a couple questions if you don't min fielding them about future challenges: If you were to make a vehicle like a land raider with multiple load out options (god hammer, crusader, redeemer, etc.) how would that be entered and scored for completion? Also thunderfire cannons and rapier batteries, will those be featured at any point with score values because technically they are tracked vehicles.

I might be able to sneak in a tank or two, I've got a couple of Preds and the odd unpainted Raider laying around, no promises but it would be nice to get one of those new shineys biggrin.png

Some Mod somewhere would have to teach me how to join current banners together so they only count as one line in a sig, otherwise the board won't let me add a new one despite them being relatively small. I'm not really prepared to give up the well earned and cool old stuff just for a 'shiney'. Any thoughts?

biggrin.png

stobz

All the types of pearl awards furtively fit in with the Path to Redemption Pearls in one way or the other so that without your knowledge you edge further towards redemption. As each Belli event unfolds the awards are likely to be incorporated in to a single 100 x 100 honour badge that should cater for all the differnt award options.... just have to find that shop on the edge of known space to buy a commodity called... what do you call that again?... ah yes ..it's coming to me... ahh... Time!! smile.png

Shadow guard I had a couple questions if you don't min fielding them about future challenges: If you were to make a vehicle like a land raider with multiple load out options (god hammer, crusader, redeemer, etc.) how would that be entered and scored for completion? Also thunderfire cannons and rapier batteries, will those be featured at any point with score values because technically they are tracked vehicles.

A landraider regardless of load out will score the same points in the belli event.... It will score for one vehicle's worth. As for Thunderfire Cannons and Rapiers they are not tracked armoured fighting vehicles.... However they do fall udner the purview of SiEGE weapons.... don't be in rush because you may well be painting them up sooner than you think with one of the upcoming Belli Events... devil.gif

The Belli series will cover virtually all unit options for the Dark Angels as we will be the common denominator for the series.... and our opponents will certainly also have a reasonable variety to choose from. Let's see how the rsponse is from the Sons of Guilliman as at the moment it appears to be very muted so far!ermm.gif

SG

@ Madman2980: Any level of painting is acceptable, it is subjective and up to you the painter to decide when you are finished. Three colour table top to Golden Daemon is the usual range around here ;) It's all about participation and supporting each other.  :D stobz

Hurry up 1st Nov!

I am raring to get started!

Waiting with baited breath for the other challenges to catch up on my DA backlog. :)

I am in.  All the bits arrived while I was away last week and they are now brought up to the same level as the rest of the vehicles.  

Bring on Nov 1st so we can get pictures and start painting!

Paul

Times change..and the battle ground changes... and the victory conditions change! Great that you noticed that little anomaly....

couldn't help but think of this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088286/quotes?item=qt0358661

anyway...

got up in the loft today and managed to find out my non-current models/bits boxes up there including my unloved landraiders.

my choice is now between:

Landraider Prometheus

Landrairder Terminus

Whirlwind

Rhino/Razorback

there can be only one! well maybe two but that might be pushing it. leaning towards one of the raiders though neither are in my AoV list and the rhino chassis are. the Prometheus needs pulling apart though as its not put together well, it also has DA doors which don't match the theme.

biggrin.png

stobz

All I did was zoom my screen and take a screen shot. Then in Windows (Vista or 7) basic picture viewer cropped off the excess image and manually adjusted the pixels to be correct. I found cutting and pasting the numbers into the resize produced a higher quality result for whatever reason.

Cheers,

Jono

Tick, tick, tick msn-wink.gif

What time zone will this be in? GMT?

Hmm? Is there a competition starting somewhere?

What? Stand here in front of the airlock? The one behind me that the DEV squad is aiming their plasma cannons at? Did someone just say fir...

+++ TRANSMISSION TERMINATED +++

Archived