The Death Guard cometh!

Aves

Embarking on a new Legion... here is a taste of things to come.

My almost finished Death Guard contemptor... waiting for his base to be prepared and the decals to arrive.

In the mean time, here he is in all his loyalist crushing glory... 

Untitled by SultanGrayus, on Flickr

He looks superb. The weathering is spot on (not over the top, which is great and not necessarily easy to achieve) and I like the tone of green you went with. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks everyone for the kind words :)

I'm currently working on 10 Tactical marines and a Fellblade, albeit I've run out of white paint (Tamiya flat white)!

I've also got 5 deathshroud, 10 more tacticals, Betrayal, Massacre, decals and bits for a custom Praetor on order :)

• 2 weeks later...

He's looking nice and grubby atm, brother. What else is left for you to do on him?

cheers man, have to weather his green pads and add a few decals before basing him and working on his bolter. 

may weathering the green using white - as if the green painted has been scratched off to reveal the original ceramite.

got an urge to paint his backpack pipes amongst a few other things. anything else you may suggest? 

Nice work brother!  Good to see some DG (there are loads of Night Lords threads at the mo!)

have you seen Lorenzman's DG?  They might give you some ideas as to weathering and markings.  :)

Great looking stuff you got there. I do prefer the dirtier look on that second marine. DG shouldn't be pristine white, leave that to white scars and the occasional non blood spattered world eater haha. What colours did you use for that green and streaky shading?

Agree with Olisredan on weathering his feet, Would feel alot more connected to his base that way.

Keep up the good work and am most assuredly following this.

Reaver

reason for edit: changed 'leak' to 'leave' haha

Great looking stuff you got there. I do prefer the dirtier look on that second marine. DG shouldn't be pristine white, leak that to white scars and the occasional non blood spattered world eater haha. What colours did you use for that green and streaky shading?

Agree with Olisredan on weathering his feet, Would feel alot more connected to his base that way.

Keep up the good work and am most assuredly following this.

Reaver

Them be fighting words

Archived