Bits Boxes yield the weirdest things...

Pbenner

So,

Tonight I was digging through my bits box for some things for a trade, and getting into the back of it into the "bags of the unknown" just taking a rough look through...  

I came across a metal sword and arm from the Emperor's Champion model.  I've never played BT in my life, much less owned any models.  No clue where it came from, but I have it.  I am thinking that maybe it goes on my PA command squad that is being planned for a "Blade of Caliban" - haha.

Anyone have better thoughts?  Maybe have my next Contemptor standing on a smashed Power Armor marine with that sword still in his hand?  :D

Paul

That is odd...do you buy stuff from Ebay?  WAITAMINIT!!!!  You're in Lawrence?  At KU, I guess?  I'm headed that way around Christmas.  What can you tell me about 40k and WFB in the Lawrence area?  Do you have to drive all the way to KC, or what?

LOL...The list is from April, it's probably on page 37 of the army list forum?

Okay, here you go:

Belial

Librarian on bike with PFG

5 Deathwing with AC and one CF (DWA turn 2)

5 Deathwing with AC and one CF (DWA turn 2)

5 Deathwing with 3 TH/SS and one HF/CF (Belail; mounted)

5 Knights with ewok (mounted)

Crusader with DW upgrade

Crusader with DW upgrade

Deploy second. Place the crusaders side by side with the libby behind them where both tanks get PFGed. On turn one, the enemy gets to shoot at nothing but the two AV14 tanks that have a 4++ and rerolls. Bottom of turn one, move 12-18" towards your target. Top of turn two, same as the top of turn one. Bottom of turn two, drop the ten shooters in front of the tanks using Belial's telehomer to avoid scatter. Move the tanks so that only your target has LOS to the shooters and dismount both assault units. Shoot both tanks and both shooter units. Possibly shoot the heavy flamer in Belial's unit at a soft enemy while shooting the stormbolter at the intended charge target. Then charge with Belial's unit and knights.

By going second, you ensure that:

1. You are able to deploy the tanks where the assaulters are in charge range on turn two
2. You are able to deploy the tanks after the enemy deploys his non-reserves antitank weapons
3. The enemy can't shoot at anything but the tanks (which you have made as unkillable as possible) until turn three or until he kills a tank
4. If you need the librarian to zoom off and contest an objective, the enemy gets one less turn (potentially zero turns) to shoot or assault the libby.

If you must go first (because it's his choice, and he chooses to go second), put the three models front and center of your deployment zone. From there, you can pretty much get anywhere on the board in two turns, so the main down side is that he gets to deploy his antitank stuff after seeing where your tanks are. On the other hand, he only gets one shooting phase before you strike, and you get a movement phase before he gets a shooting phase...it's a close call, but I prefer to go second. Mainly because worrying about where I'm going to put my tanks often leads to deployment mistakes without doing anything to protect the unit he's worried about.

By taking two mounted melee units, you make it virtually impossible to kill both transports before the terminators inside charge their primary target on turn two.

By putting the knights and Belial in opposite tanks, you force the enemy to make hard choices if he has a chance to pop one of the tanks on turn one or two.

In Missions 1, 3, and 4, because your army is designed to pour all 1850 points into a teacup and wreck whatever's in there, you obviously want the objectives to be as close together as possible. You don't care where, so put yours 12" from his! The nice thing about big guns is that you have five scoring units instead of three, and the two extras are not only big enough to claim two objectives each (if you space them at minimum distance), they're damned hard to kill.

In Purge the Alien, target whatever has the most potential to kill a crusader (melta is at the top of the list) for your second turn alpha strike. After that, just pick up KP wherever you can, and deny KP by stuffing units with 2 models or less inside a tank. You don't have any easy KP to give up, so if you take out his ability to hurt the crusaders (I don't count a unit with a single meltagun as being all that scary, I'm thinking like fire dragons and meltavets) early and after that pick on the weak, it should be a cakewalk.

In The Emperor's Will, I recommend abandoning your own deployment zone objective and crashing his. You should get first blood if he fails to pop a crusader on turn one or two. Your knights should smite his warlord, and you should get linebreaker. And you should have your entire Army on his objective. If it looks like he'll be able to contest, and he has your objective your librarian can turbo-boost over to contest. He probably can't fight for his own objective AND have enough force at your objective to kill the librarian. The alternatives to this strategy would be to castle at your own objective, which at a minimum means no linebreaker and surrendering the initiative, or to divide your forces, which is never a good idea with a small army, unless both sides are being forced to spread out and cover a half-dozen objectives.

This list is pretty much auto-win for The Relic. If the enemy takes the relic on turn one, he can't run away from you, and your entire army is concentrated in one spot of your choosing on the bottom of turn two. Once you get the relic, tucking it inside a crusader and playing keep-away is too easy! You should win this one by a mile.

/edit/

Oh, you said link to it...Good idea!

March,

We have a small Gamestore in Lawrence, but it's basically dead.  Cliques and Attitude wounded the group there, and a major influx of PP players swept in.  It's alive, just not with 40K.  In the Greater KC Area, Lenexa has the closest large store to Lawrence (It's 25 minutes from the east side of town), but within 10 minutes of it are 2 more stores, so...

I may or may not be here over Christmas, need to check, but if I am, I have a table at my house.  I'll have my Son, but he's good about models.  I also have 3 armies I can bring to bear and would love to get a good match against Deathwing.  No one else here plays them.  

Let me know,

Paul

What's PP?  Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about the store going downhill.  Half an hour away isn't too bad, but your house sounds good, too.  My two boys (4 and 2) are not good about models, but they'll probably both be better painters than me before they're 12.  Deathwing (well, DA in general) are my primary army, but I also have IG, Tau, and Sisters.  I haven't played or added to my Tau or Sisters in about three years, but I still have them.  I'm probably taking the DW list in my signature to Adepticon, so I'd love as many competitive games as I can get against as many different armies as possible...but I'm also looking forward to some more relaxed games with less competitive lists, I've been in Japan for a year without a decent game.

Privateer

Press 

Or Warmahordes if you prefer..  Yay...  March finally linked it in his sig...

On Topic...  I dunno about using a metal sword on a plastic fig....  I used the MotR sword from the RW upgrade sprue for my Blade of Calaban for my  5th co. champ.  I would paint it as templar and use it under your dread....

March,

I play (3) Competative Armies, and by Christmas, I may have added a 4th.  Going to do some kind of Bikers, probably both Vanilla (White Scars Successor) and Ravenwing, so maybe both will be playable...  I also need to work on my DA power armor.  May as well get as many armies per $50 book as you can, right?  -_-

In regards to the kids, I have a child friendly home, as my 4 year old is with me often.  He has his own room with a TV and a good selection of movies.  We also have (2) Playstations with 3 controllers between them, and a good selection of younger kid friendly games.  

Can probably make it happen.  If I am not out of town.

Paul

You think finding one arm is strange; I just found an entire vindicator kit still on the sprues, with transfer sheet and instructions, in a plastic bag underneath a broken keyboard.

PP = privateer press. Warmachine.

It doesn't look good, but others seem to like it.

The game itself isn't bad- but the models suck overall for the price you pay for them  .  Scenarios dictate a ceratin type of army to be played...

If that were to become an actualy show, my wife would be sending them my name.

And then she woudl get every single person we know to send in my name,

And then she woudl start makign up people to send in my name countless more times

Archived