SAlamanders CHAPTER TACTICKS SPECIAL RULE

Sn4k30r

hi guys, i have a question, i played a game with salamanders with DA allies Against Chaos space marines , with helldrakes,        

here comes the question, when he wounded my salamanders within 4+powerfield generator, 4+invu, with his helldrakes, i tried to take my re-roll, against flamer weapon, "FLAMECRAFT " but here comes the problem he said me that isnt a flamer as it doesnt described as flamer in page56 of rulebook....

So how does it works,? that means isnt a flamer? and i dont take re-roll save? or is it described somewhere i can not find? plz help. thx!

it says, saving throws smile.png not armor-saving throws, so the fraq cannon of the blood angels not a flamer too?

and the necrons cryptec abysal-deathmarks too?

Also what is dragons breath page 56 as flamer weapon? Pyromancy primaris flame breath, still not flamer?

NEED A FAQ? maybe? fast? BALEFLAMER not a flamer? flame breath the same?

Anyone happen to him too?

That "flamer" only apply weapons in BRB P56, not all weapons use flaming template or name with flamer: their power source and way to kill are different from flamers in BRB, and Salamander CT only let you reroll AS against  such "classical" flamers.

Strange that this incarnation of the rules doesn't use the fluff precedent set by other, earlier, similair abilities.

Like Lord of Fire or the Ulumethan Plasma Syphon.

I would have expected the Salamanders to work versus anything that used Fire or Flame in it's description, and not be limited to the list on a BRB page.

But maybe the Salamanders just aren't that good at making stuff, and can only protect versus Flame weapons they can also make...

Archived