Ravenwing army display board (finished)

Pyro X

so I got bored with the bases I have on my ravenwing so I am going to make an army display board with magnets in all the models and everything. Any thoughts on what colors the rocks and stuff on the ground would look good? I'm leaning toward the same as the one I did before but with some parts of broken slate with it alining with the bike bases. here is what I have so far. I'm only waiting on the new bases from GW to come in so I can bases everything then put the bikes on.

gallery_62261_7354_829285.jpg

the 5 bases without anything are the spots for 5 more Black knights for when I buy them. and the blank spots to the left of the old speeders are the spots for the attack bikes I forgot to put on the board.

I can agree that magnets are awesome. I use a metal tray carry everything around, with magnets on all my bases. It makes life a lot easier when you don't need to worry about a slight tilt sending all your models flying

I got the blank bases in today (still no magnets) but I was able to finish up putting the basing stuff and slate onto the bases and the rest of the display board.

here are the pics of what everything looks like without it being painted and without the bikes or any other models so far.

gallery_62261_7354_1160481.jpg

gallery_62261_7354_908541.jpg

gallery_62261_7354_278013.jpggallery_62261_7354_304332.jpg

@Valourourheart: sorry I didn't see your post right away. Here is the pic of the techmarine so far. I am also going to be adding some green stuff onto his leg so it looks more like Artificer armor and toys onto his bike. I will be painting him this week or next and I'll put pics up of him as well.

gallery_62261_7354_936968.jpg

The slate shards are genius! This looks like it'll be epic when finished.

I second the either grey or reds to contrast your bikes (a dark red so as to not take away from the black of the bikes). You said you highlighted Blue, so the grey might be more apt but then again I personally like the brown with grey rocks youve got so far heh.

Thanks for the close up of the techmarine.

And I have to agree with NCSUWolf, that slate work is awesome.

Still deciding on how I want to build my techmarine.

I am leaning toward him being by himself on an Attack Bike with the servo harness doing all of the work while he is on his PDA.

here is the final produce (minus the bikes, I ran out of time and I have a game tmw and my models can't be 1/2 assed when I play)

I will post another set of pics after I get the bikes on the bases in the next few days.

and next month I think I will be doing my deathwing on a display just like this one, not sure yet though.

gallery_62261_7354_1336336.jpg

gallery_62261_7354_1250943.jpg

gallery_62261_7354_135949.jpg

gallery_62261_7354_568235.jpg

That's pretty freakin' awesome!  I would have made cutouts for the attack bikes, too, but damn...your work is 10x better than mine.  It reminds me that in addition to painting three more DWK, a bike libby (currently proxied), and a replacement for my 12 year old crusader (the paint quality and parts breakage are holding back my paint scores, lol), I gotta do a board before adepticon...

Very nice!

You may have already thought about this but it might be a good idea to number the cutouts with the corresponding model. Though I realize they all could fit anywhere, they do have particular spots due to how rocks are cut, so it might be better than having to do a jigsaw puzzle every time you load them up.

• 2 weeks later...

here are all the bikes glued to the new bases. I still need to do a little bit of painting on the AB's and set + I need to buy 5 more knights but I think it still looks good for whats done.

gallery_62261_7354_1484088.jpg

gallery_62261_7354_365300.jpg

gallery_62261_7354_325940.jpg

gallery_62261_7354_907642.jpg

gallery_62261_7354_221708.jpg

Archived