Assault squad load out

Rafen IX

I'm not at competitive level (yet ;) ) so I'm still fielding a 20x Assault plus priest core. Recently I changed it to 10 assault 10 tact for flexibility. But have been playing against a tyranid player alot it's 3 wins to me 2 to him and 2 draws. I've noticed you have to keep your eye on those objectives because with the mandatory tervigon he has more than enough troops. It bumps up to high priority.

So I'm thinking melta is the way forward on the assaults for now.

Unfortunately I don't play a lot of 'nids so I'm by no means an expert in xenocide.  However, that core is brutal with Mephiston and multimelta attack bike support.  You can even throw the furious charging attack bikes to slow down those gaunt speedbumps or threaten their bigger gribblies.

I've also heard baal preds and whirlies do their fair share of work against 'nids, too.

Baal press are a nightmare for nids, not many critters have better than a 4+ save. Whirlwinds cover ignoring Missles are amazingly effective too, and being fast tend to be able to avoid trouble which they NEED to at higher cost.

The stormraven is very potent as well. Tyranids don't have alot of anti air at the moment... Except they're getting the next codex, my friend is practically salivating lol

I've read and found so far that having a priest with that core is very effective, if you factor in meph taking advantage of FNP as well... Your opponent really has to focus on him.

Against Nids, with their severe lack of S8 AP3 shooting, a Priest for FnP is near mandatory.  The only times its not going to be worth it are going to be when you run small squad that don't maximize the benefit, or when you encounter an army where the bulk of the shooting is S8+ and AP3-.  IG have been the only one I've run across recently with that kind of spread.  Most armies focus on the S6-7 range now, and against the volume of fire at that strength, FnP is really important.

Archived